Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen:

Something I really missed was my own bed.

Yes, I missed my family, friends, school, hometown. But something I couldn't get over was my bed. As crazy as it sounded, I probably missed my bed the most.

I spent all last night tossing and turning over the large double single bed that I was meant to sleep on. The mattress was probably the softest one you'd find at your local Ikea or maybe Myer, but it was just so soft.

As I laid down in it, my body instantly sunk a few centimetres down because of how soft and thick it was. The linen that had been draped on the bed smelled of expensive soap and also had a sense of Resdue smell towards it.

When I thought about it as well, I wasn't sure what Resdue smell would actually classify. There wasn't a familiar smell that you'd just go, oh this smells like The Resdue. But when you smell it, you kind of just know.

The pillow my head laid against was probably the most fluffiest pillow as well. Like the mattress, my head sunk against it.

But no matter how much I tried to sleep I just couldn't. I couldn't sleep being surrounded by everything The Resdue has given. Maybe it was of what happened that night, but I think it was because of the overwhelmingness of how I'm not at home, but stuck here.

After tossing and turning for what seemed hours, the clock ticking away, timing how long. I ended up ripping the blankets off the bed and curled into a ball on the floor. It was far more comfortable than the bed I kept sinking in.

I slept, facing the window with the curtains draped slightly apart, the beautiful moon light sweeping into the room. If anything, what I loved most was the moonlight. It felt peaceful and calming and I knew that if I were to lie on a grass field under the moonlight, I could instantly fall asleep, cold or not.

I did know for a fact that at one point during the night I had awoken Carter from his deep sleep. He had awoken to the frustrating groans of me, and the pounding of my fists against my pillow, frustrated on how it was too fluffy and that I couldn't sleep in something like it.

I only got a good three hours of sleep before awakening to the sound of others in the hallway and Carter's loud rummaging as he searched for something in his bag.

It turned out that he thought I had already left the room since my bed was empty, but found me asleep on the floor, mid way of taking his pants off. He was then quick to change and I made sure I turned around onto my right side facing the window with the sun beaming in.

After getting past the first awkward ten minutes of what had happened, I hid in the bathrooms and spent as long as possible in there. Making sure to stay in the shower as long as necessary and changing as slow as possible.

By the time I made it back to our room, Carter was changed into training gear and he had told me that he was going to pick up a quick breakfast before fleeing to the Gym. He invited for me to come along and I had agreed.

This was why I was now in the Gym again with Carter, spotting him as he lifted some weights that he found in the back corner. I wasn't really sure why he had decided for me to spot him. If the weights fell on him I probably wouldn't be much help.

"Two . . . One . . ." He then grunted and pushed the heavy weights as high as he could before I reached out with my arms and guided his to where the weights were meant to sit.

Relived from the heavy weights, he sat up letting out a loud breath and drew his hand across his forehead where is hair was plastered with sweat. The light blue sweater he had on had sweat marks on it as well, specifically around his chest area, his back, and under his arm where his armpits were.