Chapter Seventy Three

A/n: UM HELLO IS THIS TWO UPDATES IN ONE DAY!

Um... yes that is right!

I will be having much more regular updates now AGAIN trying to. I will be aiming to update once every three days, but that will depend on how quickly I can write the chapters. I hope you are all loving this story and actually like it. I try my best and can't wait until it is finished to see the final result!
Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter! And check out that song ^^^^ that's my song of the day choice!!!!!!!!

Enjoy! TaylorLeFay

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND DON'T FORGET TO READ THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_____________________________
TAG IN COMMENTS HERE; Please spread the word of this story and tag your friends or anyone who will be interested!==>
_____________________________

Chapter Seventy Three:

We continued walking and making our way through the desert along the ravine . . . and bodies littering the path along with it.

It was quite gruesome and the image of flies and maggots within the deceased bodies and the stench that followed them was putrid. And it was horrific seeing their blank glassy eyes staring straight up, looking at nothingness.

I could not help but feel incredibly guilty, but had no choice as Lucas and I looked through every single one of their bags. Every time I passed them I sent a prayer above and would grab whatever food or water they left behind, and spare weapons like guns that were dropped and boxes of unused ammunition that came with it.

Briefly, whilst doing this, I couldn't help but hear Lucas whispering a sorry every time he knelt beside someone and a silent prayer that I could hear was said.

The only positive that came from it all was the fact that we now had enough food and water to last us a while. And when we were stocked up enough to ration everything for the next three days, we left the coming bodies alone.

We figured they were better left for someone who needs it who comes along next, rather than us taking absolutely everything available to ourselves.

As we continued walking, everything felt better. I felt my joy coursing through my veins and a wave of happiness despite where we were. I believe it was due to the water and food I had eaten and drank filling my rumbling empty stomach, but nonetheless the reason, I was feeling better.

My aching muscles and body was a distant memory and I walked with a stride like a woman on a mission. One with a goal, and a destination, mind you that I did have.

My machete was in hand and I was swinging it in circles doing cool little tricks as I walked beside Lucas with a bit of a distance between us. The only noise was the whooshing of the blade through the air and the scorching sun sizzling upon the sand and our bodies.

As I was swinging it I glanced at Lucas and let out a soft laugh as I saw his face was red, mainly his nose and cheeks, having sunburn from being outside for so long. I winced at the movement and realised I probably did not fair much better.

From the distraction, I narrowly avoiding slicing my side open and Lucas's eyes widened as I swore and chucked the machete in the air before recapturing it.

"Fuck, Bryce," he commented lowly and let out a sigh of relief.

I let out a small laugh of shock as my brain registered the almost immediate emergency and injury I would have caused to myself.