Chapter Twenty Eight

A/n: Hey guys! Good to see that you are here and I am here presenting you with the next chapter! Please comment and hit that star!
*IMPORTANT* okay, so I have a few questions.
     1. Someone had asked me if I had any social media accounts relating to this book and any other future books. And yes, I do have a recently made Instagram account. So go follow it for further updates, sneak peeks and the latest news. Also, you can use the email at the end of the chapter to email me anything you want!
2. With this book, I have already planned how it's going end, but I'm having some trouble thinking of the middle part. I have already thought of other tests I could use, but if you have ANY ideas for tests, please message me through the Wattpad DM's, and if I use one of your ideas, I will dedicate the chapter to you and even give you a shoutout. So please don't be a quiet reader, if you have any ideas please tell me.
Anyways, thank you if you actually read my important notices, but don't forget to comment and hit that star.
Enjoy! TaylorLeFay

Chapter Twenty Eight:

My foot hasn't really improved as much from the injury I had gotten two days ago. It has barely reduced in swelling, but where swelling has disappeared, bruises have only gained.

Putting pressure on it still is a problem, but it's a lot more than what I could do before.

But the only really problem that my foot has caused was the restriction of training I could do. Trying to do less strenuous training like hitting the library because of the second test was pretty much the only thing I could do.

Even trying to get out of my room was a problem.  Having to stay on the third floor was hard, especially with an injury, but I made do.

After training, well watching Jaylen train yesterday in the weights room, I had made my way straight back to my room to get some rest because of how tired I was feeling. But after stepping into the dark eery room, I felt lost, like darkness had just clouded me.

It felt like all the pressure that was sitting in my shoulders broke.

Yet.

I didn't feel anything,

I just became numb and retreated to my bed where I laid staring at the ceiling wishing for everything to become better. Wishing I could get out of the Resdue, that I could survive, that there was no pain. That I could not cause pain. That I could feel pain.

But I could only stay numb.

After what seemed like hours alone, which was maybe only an hour or less, I had to leave the room and get outside. The ticking of the clock in the corner driving me insane, as well as the little red light in the top back left corner which held the black surveillance camera, filming every thing which occurred in this room.

And with the thought of that, I only grew mad at that the fact that I could barely be in the same room as Lucas, my new partner.

Upon seeing Lucas in the weights room, I could feel his lingering stare a he trained, and as I snuck a peak at him, I was proven right. He was staring at me with that blank look still plastered in his face. The weights he was using before was long forgotten, resting behind him on the bench rest as he took a break, sweat plastered on his face.

His eyes seemed to bore into me, he continued staring at me while bringing his bottle to his lips and swallowing down the water, all the while keeping eye contact with me. His long black sleeved sweater shirt had even darker patches, almost like water stains on it; sweat patches, from the strenuous exercises he was doing.

His hair was plastered to his forehead and he now sat kneaded forward, legs apart, resting his chin on his hands which rested on his knees. And even I knew, that I could not deny that he was good looking. But the only thing making me think otherwise was the blank face now turned stoic and cold.