Chapter Ninety

A/n: UPDATE!

Special announcement:

I am now on TikTok! Please check out my account and even follow for not only updates on this and future stories, but also for book recommendations and we can engage within the BookTok community!!!

TikTok: Taylorlefayyy

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter! And check out that song ^^^^ that's my song of the day choice!!!!!!!!

Enjoy! TaylorLeFay

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND DON'T FORGET TO READ THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_____________________________
TAG IN COMMENTS HERE; Please spread the word of this story and tag your friends or anyone who will be interested!==>
_____________________________

Chapter Ninety:

Rays of sun shone from the skies as dawn approached. The sky was beginning to fade from a dark plateau of black and had streaks of light purple appearing from the east as the night began to blend with day.

It was much easier to see and the sharp, cold winds of the night had calm down to a soft breeze as Lucas and I tried to run but just couldn't.

By this point we were exhausted and my legs shook barely able to hold my body weight. I was on the verge of collapsing as my legs spasmed before me. Lucas was no better as we now walked at a slow pace going from a sprint, to jog, to now walking.

I hated how slow we were going and that Lucy and Shaun would catch up in no time. I could tell they were close by Lucy's laughing from behind me growing louder and louder with each passing minute.

"We-" breathed Lucas heavily as he had lost his breath. "Have-"

He had a coughing fit as he paused momentarily leaning on a tall rock. His clothes clung to him like a second skin and his face was drenched with sweat. With one hand, he brushed his dark hair back and it instantly froze in place due to all the sweat coating his hair allowing it to stick.

Dark bags hung below his eyes as they rose to mine and I was sure I did not fair any better.

"To keep going."

He coughed as I nodded pausing in my steps. My legs instantly felt relief as I stopped moving but still they ached from standing and running for too long with no rest.

My eyes stung as sweat dripped into them and with the back of my hand, I wiped it along my drenched forehead. "We can't do this anymore."

I saw Lucas want to object but he knew as much as me that we aren't going to last running. But also, in the state we were in, we were not going to last in a fight either.

"I-," I breathed out as I felt panic rise in my chest and my breathing fluttered. "I- I don't know what to do anymore."

I don't want to die. Was silently hanging around us, taunting us when there really was nothing left to do.

Glancing behind me, I saw the pair only a hundred metres off. They appeared to be hardly puffed as Lucy smiled along with Shaun. Lucy looked up to me and made eye contact as she drew closer now walking leisurely over the sharp rocks.

The grin on her face widened as she winked and she shouted out.

"Almost here sweetie."

Glancing back to Lucas desperately, he pushed off the rock. "We are not going to be sitting ducks waiting for them to come and finish us up."