Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven:

The first thing I heard was the faint ticking of the clock.

But followed shortly after that was the sound of something I didn't quite recognise. It sounded like someone breathing, but I couldn't be quite sure.

My head rested against something warm which moved in time with the breathing sound I heard, and my closed eyes felt sun rays shining onto my face.

My body could tell that it was morning, but it decided not to cooperate and wanted to continue to stay in my sleepy state.

Besides the quiet noise in my room, I could hear the loud chatter and running of other teens up and down the hallway. You could tell everyone was awake. Whether as for mentioned the running, the chatter, or even maybe the faint screams and crying echoing down the hallway and into my room.

Whatever my head was leaning on started to shift slightly and that was when I came more in contact of where I was.

Opening my eyes slowly, I came face to face with the chest of somebody and it took my brain a couple of seconds to realise exactly whose chest it was.

My eyes now wide, slowly trailed up the t-shirt I had seen to come now face to face with the culprit himself. Carter. He looks as if he had just woke up and was now staring down at me with amusement and mischief laced in his bright green eyes.

"Morning Blue," he calmly said, a smirk glinting on his face.

With a shriek of fright and surprise, I jumped backwards off of him, his bed, and onto the thickly carpeted floor which looked as if it were hundreds of years old.

I landed butt first onto the carpet, and a deep blush lit my face as I could feel it heating up. I immediately looked down trying to avoid eye contact with the guy sitting on the bed above me and was laughing so loud I could swear a few kids probably glanced into our doorless room, curious for all the noise he was making.

"Sorry," I mumbled still facing the group, my long hair attempting to conceal my face.

"If you wanted to sleep with me all you had to do was ask."

At this I really looked up at him not embarrassed anymore. If anything, I felt annoyed at how he was speaking.

He was talking to me about falling asleep beside him as an innuendo to wanting to have sex with him, when I spent all night trying to care for his sickness and high fever which actually threatened his life.

I pushed myself up from the floor rather angrily and turned around to go to my bag to grab some clothes to wear today, longing for a shower.

"Come on?" He questioned from behind me as I continued to ruffle through my bag looking for some clothes. "I was only joking."

When he said this I let out a long sigh.

"I know."

I zipped my bag up after grabbing my clothes and pushed it back under my bed so no one could exactly see my bag in view since the blankets were really long and reached the ground.

"I'm just on edge," I replied as I turned to look back at him.

His hair was still plastered to his forehead, and the cloth was still hanging there, almost as if it is stuck to his forehead. As I continued to stare at it a smile lit my face in humour and he seemed to realise what I was looking at since he brought his hands up and touched the cloth realising it was still there, and he pulled it off his head before dumping it back into the bucket which was surprisingly still there.