Chapter Thirty Nine

A/n: I'll be trying to have more regular updates now that I have spent the last two weeks planning the rest of the story! Yes I have planned all chapters to the end!!! We still have quite a bit to go!!!! Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter! And check out that song ^^^^ that's my song of the day choice!!!!!!!!
Enjoy! TaylorLeFay
_____________________________
PLEASE COMMENT; let me know if you are liking the story. It would be amazing to know and I'll love to know what you are thinking!
_____________________________

Chapter Thirty Nine:

"Group 95 to the dining hall within two minutes."

It was time.

The clock in our room showed 10:58 as they called everyone two minutes earlier than the testing time to ensure everyone shows up.

Lucas and I had been ready all morning. After grabbing some essentials we believed might be necessary to help, we sat watching the clock tick away.

Now.

Our fate laid before us, ready to pinch who was to die.

Simultaneously, Lucas and I got up from our beds where we sat perched waiting, and made our way to our door, walking towards the dining hall. We made sure to grab our envelope with our things inside before leaving.

The walk was dreadful and my heart felt heavier with each step took. Too much too soon. These tests were happening much closer than the rest and the breaks between were not long enough to regroup ourselves.

As we approached the dining hall it dawned of me that I had only seen the outside of it and not the inside for the last four days and I wasn't sure what to expect from it. Where it seemed the same on the outside, all in its shining white marble glory screaming I'm to elegant for you.

The pillars made it seem daring in the bright sun that lit the Resdue headquarters and gave more fear to all that approached. The heavy sun also reflected off of the lower windows, except nothing could be seen from the outside. The lower windows were draped in black cloths ensuring no one knew what was inside.

Even the perimeter surrounded by bodyguards who rotated every three and a half and three hours, making sure not to rotate as a new group was coming up, to ensure no one snuck in or out. Their rotations was easy to spot too from sitting by my window day and night when I wasn't busy.

I forced myself to swallow the lump in my throat and continued walking as the sun bore down on me, making me feel hot in the black tights I wore and the light green long sleeved shirt.

Lucas didn't fair any better with his long grey sweats and his black hoodie. In fact, he had a bead of sweat trailing down the side of his head and I watched as he swiped it away with the back of his hand.

As he did this he glanced down at me and have me a timid smile that strained on his face. If I didn't know him as well as I did at this point I would've thought he was giving me a reassuring smile. But I knew he wasn't. He was just as nervous and scared as I was and the only thing I could offer back was a short timid smile of my own as we walked up the marble steps.

There was a slight line up with the other teams before us and I could see as the guards questioned them asked them to pull out their numbers.