Chapter Sixty

A/n: AN UPDATE ON TIME!
Hey guys, hope you are all keeping well and safe, especially against the Corona Virus. I know these are hard times but we have to make do with what is happening. Here I have the next chapter for you guys!!! I was lucky enough to finish all my work for the day and had time to write this chapter for you guys!!!!!

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter! And check out that song ^^^^ that's my song of the day choice!!!!!!!!

Enjoy! TaylorLeFay

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND DON'T FORGET TO READ THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_____________________________
TAG IN COMMENTS HERE; Please spread the word of this story and tag your friends or anyone who will be interested!==>
_____________________________

Chapter Sixty:

Even though it was probably no longer than an hour, it felt like forever as I waited for Lucas's verdict. I sat quietly as I watched the nurses do what they did best and clean out his wound, stitch the laceration and patch him up.

Despite my protest, a single nurse attended to my face. My wounds seemed like nothing in comparison to Lucas's. In fact, I had believed I had no wounds until the nurse came to patch me up.

It turned out my adrenaline was still pumping through my body and I felt numb to everything that happened around me. My mind was only focused on one thing. And that one thing was Lucas.

It scared me, how much I cared and depended on him. And as I sat here, staring at his lifeless looking face and the sweat and grime that covered his body, my feelings about him only heightened.

I hissed in pain as the nurse poured alcohol down my lacerated arms. All the tiny scratches and tears in my skin from the thorns and branches of the hedges had caused my damaged then I had originally thought. I stared at my untreated right arm and cringed at the bright read marks of irritation and the few gushing wounds. Bright red with blood, my arms resembled a scene from a horror movie.

I sat still and cringed every time the alcohol made contact with skin and watched with great curiosity when the nurse wrapped my arm within a bandage. The technique she used differed slightly to mine and I made sure I remembered the way she twist and tucked the bandage. It would be something of use in the future.

Finally, the nurses finished with Lucas and prepared themselves for the next team to cross the finish line. One of the nurses spoke to me before helping the others and gave me knowledge on Lucas's situation.

"He is going to be fine, his laceration was not too deep. We stitched him up although he did not exactly require it, but we did it to help speed his mending process because of this situation." She cringed pulling her lips together.

"His laceration was not as bad, the only problem, was that he had lost quite a bit of blood. Which was why he grew weak in the end and that was the deadly part. However, we have just given him a blood transfusion and he is going to be just fine. When he wakes up properly, make sure he takes it easy for a few days and eats to regain some strength."

Nodding, I thanked her, grateful that she had stopped to inform me. She smiled in response before attending to the team that had just passed the finish line.

I took a breath of relief before I turned to Lucas and shook my head lightly at his sleeping figure.

I managed to call for some assistance and it wasn't long before Lucas made our way back to the dorms within a vehicle of other survivors. We were lucky to be the last people to fill the slots of the vehicle as the vehicle would only go back once it was full with the required amount.