Chapter Fifty

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYBODY 🎄🎄🎄🎄

A/n: This may be the last update for the next two or so weeks. There is a reminder below as to why. In short —> I'm going away to a place with no internet. So I hope you enjoy this chapter!

REMINDER:
I will be going on holidays within the next four days so there won't be any updates for about two weeks. I may be able to update whilst I'm gone (fingers crossed) but when I get back there will be more updates. (Maybe double updates) *wink*.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter! And check out that song ^^^^ that's my song of the day choice!!!!!!!!

Just take a second to appreciate the song lyrics (mainly the chorus) with what happens in this chapter ;)

Enjoy! TaylorLeFay

_____________________________
TAG IN COMMENTS HERE; Please spread the word of this story and tag your friends or anyone who will be interested!==>
_____________________________

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND DON'T FORGET TO READ THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER IF U HAVEN'T!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter Fifty:

The next three days flew by fast as I spent most of my time in my room resting. It was a long three days of napping and healing from the wounds of the sixth test.

Surprisingly, the claw marks across my chest healed a little quicker than I had imagined and the stitches were removed yesterday. I was advised to still not move around as much so the skin could really set in place and the scratches wouldn't reopen from where the skin had sealed itself.

However, my skin would definitely scar for life and the skin around was still red and raw from the tears that had taken place a week ago. I was told it would take a good month for myself to heal the skin tears which was too long. We would definitely have a test before the month was halfway through and that worried me.

So I spent as much time as I could healing. Lucas had also been amazing to me and has been by my side since returning back to our room. He hallways helped with fetching food and simply keeping me company as I could hardly move.

This morning while I was sleeping, Lucas had woken me up rubbing my back with comfort as I woke up screaming and crying. The most vivid dream I currently had was the beast clawing at me and Carter in the background saying it was my turn. My turn to return my debt to him.

The rules had changed when Carter had died and that has never happened before. Changing partners was the newest twist we had ever seen and it caused a major ruckus. Admittedly, I felt guilty that I got to move on whilst Carter (my partner) had been eliminated; killed.

Even though it wasn't my fault, it still felt like it was. And there was nothing I could do to help make myself feel better.

"Hey, it's okay," Lucas mumbled as he hugged me from the side and the tears stopped trailing down my face.

I breathed heavily as I took in my surroundings and tried to calm myself down. "Shhhh," Lucas continued to whisper and I nodded.

He slowly, hesitantly, unwrapped his arms from around me and I fell backwards leaning my back on the headboard and looked up to the ceiling. My back still hurt but it was much better. While I was in the bathroom, I saw that I was correct and found a massive bruise that covered my whole lower back and parts of my upper back.