Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen:

"Come on," he whined as I struggled to push up the heavy weights in my hands for the last time. "You can do it," encouraged Jaylen right next to me, but upright spotting me.

I still needed to owe Jaylen, he made sure to remind me that as often as possible. But after that first time I had really spoken to Jaylen two days ago. It didn't really go well. He seemed like some nice dick which was really confusing, even for me.

Yes, two days may seem so little to literally change over my feelings towards him. And by feelings I meant wariness and the want to avoid as long as possible. But later on that day he greeted me out of nowhere as I passed him when checking out the library, that everyone around even looked confused.

Yesterday I went to train yet again, wanting to improve my physic and just do something other than sitting around. When I went to one of the training rooms, Jaylen soon joined after and engaged in conversation with me against what I had trying to obviously get him to leave me alone.

But after an hour of torture, him speaking to me, me not replying and trying to put as much distance between us impossible. Him still following. I finally sucked it up and spoke to him very shortly and curtly as he chatted away, clearly knowing that he was irking me.

Eventually I snapped and began screaming at him, everyone in the room stopped what they were doing and started to watch us. As I finished my screaming rant at him I was puffing out of breath but all he did was stare at me with those unnerving pale green eyes. His face was impassive but I could see the amusement laced in his eyes and the corner of his mouth twitched upwards and that was when I realized that that was what he was waiting for.

After that, he still continued to hang around me and I began conversing with him more too tired to do otherwise. Maybe he was trying to wear me down so I was too tired to resist talking to him. If so, it worked.

But now, I was actually conversing with him alright, we acted like friends that hang around each other and it turned out he wasn't bad company. He may have seemed like some cold hearted, i didn't give a fuck type and a dick. And I may have secretly thought he was some uptight snob. But if anything he was the total opposite. He was kind, at least to me, had a sense of humour, but he wasn't as kind as you'd think as well. At any possible point, he'd try to insult me and it made me want to strangle him. But I secretly enjoyed it. It felt nice to smile and laugh.

So yesterday night, as I was walking back to my room, Jaylen flanking behind me. We decided to meet up in the weights room to train and he promised to start small with me and pulled some joke about lifting a kilo. Five hundred gram weights on each side and that equaled a swat on the shoulder.

So here I was, forgetting the one kilogram option and wishing I had taken it yesterday, but now was benching twelve kilograms. Not much, but clearly too much for me.

"Come on Bryce," chuckled Jaylen from up-beside me and gestured for me to lift it. "You said you wanted to start easy so I got you easy, bloody, I got you even easier than what would be considered easy."

I glared at him and he laughed harder, clearly knowing that he had insulted me and I pushed my arms up as hard as I could and miraculously my arms pushed up for the thirtieth time and I began sputtering as I whined slightly.

"Jaylen . . . can't." He seemed to get what I was indicating and he was quick to grab the pole of weight off me and place it on the bar holder. I laid on the soft bench below me, out of breath, sweat coating my skin and my shirt that I was wearing.

"Thanks," I breathed after what felt like an eternity. After a few more seconds a hand was suddenly brought out in front of me and I followed it to find Jaylen there giving me a knowing look. "Come on," he said waggling his fingers.