Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight:

Tick, tick, tick.

The clock continued to count the seconds that passed and I could've sworn that one second lasted more than five minutes.

Tick, tick, tick.

The clock continued to count the seconds that I really didn't mind were passing. Dinner finished about an hour ago and it was about nine o clock at night. Nothing really interesting happened after dinner, unless you'd count the cameras continuing to film everyone and the official table staring at everyone continuously eat, then that's all that happened.

Begrudgingly, Carter did stop eating food much to my dismay. At dinner it was obvious he was staring around at everyone with envy that they could eat and I would shake my head. He acted like he was banned from the perfectly 'well' food.

I got a few funny looks from in front of me as well from the two guys. My stomach growled that I was hungry, yet I didn't eat any of the food. I guess you could say that it was a bit strange to see.

But in the end I'm pretty sure we will know who came out victorious.

"Blue," said Carter calling my name and I looked up from the book I was reading to see him laying on his bed staring at the ceiling.

"Yeah," I replied glancing back down to my book, getting consumed and lost in it.

"I'm bored," he replied and I rolled my eyes in response at him.

"Then do something," I retorted back, not glancing up from my book.

"And hungry?" He added as an afterthought.

"Don't care."

"Ah, but it's your fault I didn't eat anything."

"You're welcome you are not going to end up dead then."

Carter grunted and suddenly let out a few laughs to himself before I saw out of the corner of my eye that he turned his body to face me.

"You're being paranoid," he told me for the umpteenth time in the past hour.

"I am not," I said getting frustrated at how many times he has doubted me.

"Are too."

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Am not!" I screamed and slammed my book shut after glancing at the page number and sat up on my bed facing him.

He had a smirk on his face and his eyes were lit with amusement from me and how I have reacted.

I was seething. My breath coming out ragged and realisation had come to me that he was purposely irking me so he could have his own entertainment. Taking deep calming breaths I leaned back into my bed and reopened Prodigy by Marie Lu, one of my favourite books and authors.

"Blue," teased Carter slightly cooing at me.

"What," I replied harshly still annoyed.

"Has anyone told you that you are cute when you get mad?"

This was the last straw. I got up and walked towards the door, but stopping on the way to grab Carter's bag. As I opened the door I chucked his bag out into the hallway before closing the door and lying back down onto me bed.

Carter groaned loudly and glanced at the door then to me.

"Really?"

I ignored him not wanting to say anything else.