Chapter Twenty Two

A/n: Hey, this is Taylor again! I just got back and am soooo happy and excited to see that I now have 1000 reads!!! Thank you soooo much for that!
I also wanted to say that chapter updates will now take a little longer, where I use to update once every four to seven days, I will now be updating at least over a weeks times, depending on when I get the chapters done.
But don't forget to hit that star and vote for this chapter. Also feel free to comment anything or ask any questions. I love hearing from you so please comment and spread word of my story to your friends and other fellow wattpadians.
Hope you enjoy! :)
^(Photo above of me writing the next chapter :)^

Chapter Twenty Two:

The white bandage Carter was currently tying around my leg wasn't helping that much.

Carter had sweat trickling down his forehead, the little beads slowly becoming bigger and falling quicker. No doubt, Carter was scared. Not for me, but scared for himself. His fight, what's to come.

"Carter," I said softly to him as he drew more frantic to get my still throbbing leg secured in the white bandage.

I never told Carter what I thought about my leg, fearing the outcome. I didn't tell him that it wasn't only that bruise that portrayed my leg as anything but human kind. I didn't tell him I feared that I was right and it was fractured.

I couldn't add anymore pressure or worries on him after what is to come.

I placed my hand on one of his trembling arms as he tried yet again to wrap my leg right. "Carter," I said still soft but firmer this time.

He still didn't look up, continuing to wrap my leg tighter, although increasing the pain. I found it very hypocritical where he was trying to fix up my ankle which I was sure was fractured or had torn ligaments, where his face was black and blue, his left eye swelled shut.

My foot jerked up suddenly as Carter tightened the bandage yet again, but for the last time as he finished the final knot, securing my ankle in place. Him narrowly avoiding the hit aiming for his chest lucking for him, and me.

His hands then left my foot and he stayed momentarily still, continuing to stay in his kneeling down position before me after he had carried me out from the hall and placed me on a bench a few away from the building.

Axel King had called on a break after Carter's fight.

The break was to ensure that the injured were taken care of and so the people who had to take second fights could be fully prepared for it, tending with injuries from the first fight and to let them scare themselves shitless as well as to muster up the courage and determination to make it through.

I placed my hand gently onto his shoulder but she showed no sign of registering it. "Carter," I whispered softly and slid my hand over his shoulder be placed on his chin and raised his head slightly so he could look me in the eyes.

"Thank you," smiling, I hobbled over on the bench I sat atop and patted the now vacant seat beside me.

Nodding, he got up and sat beside me, resting his right thigh against me left. We sat in silence, watching the rustle of leaves fly high and low, watching the others run around the cobblestone looking for supplies to help their partners.

Some were beaten black and blue, others streaked with red, claw marks and all, scabs from jabs. Not one person had not one mark. When I entered the bathroom I was terrified to even look into the mirror and see what stood before me and everyone else.

After a single peek I dry heaved for a couple of minutes.

Where in the morning my sling was still olive, mostly clear with a pimple near and there. Now was a face ridden with redness, eyes sheltered with swollen flesh almost the size of fists. And where once was a slightly pink smooth lips were now rips and tears, slightly pink lips now red with blood.

Her Only Chance (UNEDITED, NEW ONE ON PROFILE)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें