Chapter Ninety Seven

A/n: EARLY EARLY UPDATE!

Guys I can't believe it.... we are almost done!

4 CHAPTERS TO GO!!!!!

I hope you are all loving this story and actually like it. I try my best and can't wait until it is finished to see the final result!
Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter! And check out that song ^^^^ that's my song of the day choice!!!!!!!!

Enjoy! TaylorLeFay

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND DON'T FORGET TO READ THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_____________________________
TAG IN COMMENTS HERE; Please spread the word of this story and tag your friends or anyone who will be interested!==>
_____________________________

Chapter Ninety Seven:

After resting for a few hours, we began making our way through the arid shrubland.

We began following a distinct dirt path within the land which consisted of a dark orange, almost red dirt which surrounded the whole area with small green and brown dead shrubs that laid before us.

The sun shone before us and the temperature had risen drastically and by now we were fully dry. My clothes were no longer soaking wet and instead I was drenched with sweat dripping down my forehead and coating my skin.

We were left in a dangerous situation. Every single one of us had lost our bags within the capsized boat and most of our weapons, excluding the knife in my boot and the knives hidden amongst the waist band of Lucas and Jaylen.

However, with the missing backpacks we had no food or water and at best, we would only be able to last a few days. That mere fact was enough to make me terrified at the thought that if we did not make it to the end within a few days we would die.

Based on the land around us, there was no food sources or any water sources. The most we would be able to eat was the stray bug that appeared out of nowhere. And even with that it was not enough to sustain us any longer.

Where we would usually be able to last days without water, it would be limited as we were all suffering from the amount of water we swallowed and there was also the fear of second hand drowning.

Shaking me head, I tried to clear my depressing thoughts as they closed in on me and consumed me. Instead, I focused on the boys around me as we all walked a little spaced apart. 

At the front in the lead was Jaylen as he walked straight, the dirt path now gone as we dodged our way around large rocks and shrubs in the path.

Just behind him on the left was Logan with his hands in his pockets as he tried brushing off sand that still stuck to him, as well as all of us. I struggled trying to get rid of the sand that was everywhere and was horrified at how much sand it was and hot it got into certain places.

I was behind Logan and behind me was Lucas and Jarvis somewhere behind us. I briefly heard them whispering and talking lightly at some moments.

Silently, I walked up to Logan and walked beside him. Looking at him, his brown hair had dried and went back to its curly state.

The good thing about being submerged in the ocean was that it was the first bath we had in weeks. We all smelled heaps better and my hair did not feel so oily and itchy for once.

Logan looked down towards me and smiled as I met his swirly grey eyes and looked back to the arid shrubland before us.

"Did you guys really face down a double headed serpent?"