Chapter Eighty Seven

A/n: EARLY UPDATE!
I hope you are all loving this story and actually like it. I try my best and can't wait until it is finished to see the final result!
Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter! And check out that song ^^^^ that's my song of the day choice!!!!!!!!

Enjoy! TaylorLeFay

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND DON'T FORGET TO READ THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_____________________________
TAG IN COMMENTS HERE; Please spread the word of this story and tag your friends or anyone who will be interested!==>
_____________________________

Chapter Eighty Seven:

I watched in terror as the horrible creatures before us and I admitted defeat as I knew this was the end. Nonetheless, I was not going without a fight.

Pulling my machete out, I held it in front of me as Lucas and I went back to back.

"It was good knowing you," I said as we watched the creatures slowly approach us.

I felt Lucas shake behind me as he laughed softly. "This is not the end."

I snorted as they were now only fifteen metres away.

"God, I am an idiot."

Lucas snorted in response, "We knew that already."

I scoffed and elbowed him softly as he laughed and my fear spiked as they grew closer. They looked as bad as each other, rotten with missing limbs and chunks of skin. Grotesque, black blood spurting from random wounds they have adjourned.

"Thank you, for everything Lucas."

Everything seemed to go silent for a moment. For a second I thought he was not going to say anything.

"Thank you, Bryce, for everything," he whispered back softly.

I smiled in response and went to raise my machete before another shrilling noise echoed through the city.

I straightened in confusion as half of the herd turned around and headed towards the car alarm going off in the distance. Suddenly, another alarm went off and I turned to see half of the other herd behind me disperse and begin to travel to that sound.

"What?" Lucas whispered.

Where most of them gone, a few dozen remained. But now . . . now we had a real fighting chance.

As the first few approached, I was quick to step forward and drag my blade through their heads and across the necks. They dropped like sacks of potato. I made my way through them but it seemed the commotion was loud enough that some of the herd that left began to return.

Swearing, I heard Lucas grunting from behind me.

More, and more approached us and I felt myself tire as the time dragged from a minute to ten minutes if this enduring physical exertion. 

When I reached the point where I was so overwhelmed and I thought I could not do any more, I heard yelling and turned my head after chucking one of my knives into the head of a nearby zombie.

I let out a booming laugh as I felt relief and joy flood through me.

Never, would I have thought to be so happy to see bright long luscious hair with bright hazel eyes, paired with the now longer hair of another blood.

She looked towards me and smiled before driving her long blade into the head of a zombie that I had not notice was so close to approaching me.

"Hey, Girlie!" She said cheerfully before turning and decapitating a zombie behind her.

I laughed out loud as a new form of adrenaline went through me and my strength and tiredness did not matter as I began killing and decapitating more zombies.

"Girl, you don't know how glad I am to see you!"

Laughing, we continued killing off the zombies before I heard yelling. Turning, I saw Shaun as he gestured to a point with less zombies.

"Come on! We have to go now!"

I smiled at him, which he returned and slowly, the three of us killed our way to where Shaun was. As we reached him, we found a hole in the wall of zombies and quickly killed some before taking off.

We ran at a sprint killing any zombies in our way and narrowly avoiding the herd we were passing. They surrounded a car that had its alarm still going off and a few that noticed us tried to race after us. 

But we kept our pace and quickly outran them.

Lucy and Shaun navigated to the city as Lucas laughed beside me.

"That was cut pretty short."

Lucy turned back to us and winked, her blonde hair jumping and flowing behind her with the wind as she smiled with delight.

Shaun also turned back and his golden blonde hair shone in the bright light of the sun and he sent a smile towards us, a perfect white pearly smile he still managed to have after all this time here. It was kind of weird, but a good weird, different, to see him with stubble along his chin, the facial hair was long and so un-Shaun like.

"Someone had to set those alarms off and get back in time."

I laughed in response again and sent him a bright smile.

"Thank you."

I watched his eyes travel to my cheek and pause for a second. I saw wariness grow in his eyes and he looked at me with concern but I shook my head. Nodding, he turned to the front and continued running with Lucy as they navigated.

"We are only a few minutes away from the exit."

True to his word, we finally exited the dark and dangerous city, and still ran for quite a while. Only when the city was a blur in the background, did we stop and fall to our knees out of breath.

We had stopped just before a high, steep hill, and took shelter in some shady trees as we drank water and ate, lying down trying to catch our breath.

Suddenly, whilst watching the clouds move across the bright blue sky, I heard laughter and turned to see Lucas laughing as a deep chuckle resonated from his chest.

Turning away from him and his sculptured face, I stared at the sky and laughed along side him as Lucy and Shaun joined in.

What a morning.