Chapter Thirty Eight

A/n: An UPDATE!!! I somehow had spare time!!!! Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter! And check out that song ^^^^ like I swear it's another one of my favourite songs right now!!!
Enjoy! TaylorLeFay
_____________________________
PLEASE COMMENT; let me know if you are liking the story. It would be amazing to know and I'll love to know what you are thinking!
_____________________________

Chapter Thirty Eight:

I miss the nights where I could fall asleep worrying about nothing but the assignment I should've completed that night. Or worrying about the boy who had a sudden interest in me. Or even thinking of the perfect plan to do the following night, a night with adventure and drinking games.

Yet, as I tried to fall asleep last night, I found myself restless, tossing and turning in my sheets until the rise of the sun peaked around the curtained window, poking my face and blinding my sight.

It was a long night, only a few hours of sleep is keeping me awake, yet my eyes dropped in exhaustion. The much too big encyclopaedia in my lap as I sat against my backboard, legs still under the sheets to keep warm.

From what I could tell, Lucas had been up way before me. When I woken up he was already reading through his book, a frown on his face as his forehead crinkled in annoyance.

It made me wonder why exactly he was up early and frowning away. He looked just as tired as I felt and I was inclined to think he spent all night awake rather than sleeping away his sorrows. Maybe like me he couldn't help but fret over the life changing task beginning today.

But what really baffled me most, was the envelope that had slipped under the door just before.

Lucas and I stared at it for a good minute from the limited view from our beds. The envelope was plain, the only writing was our names in the top and the door and room number stamped in red.

Pretty extra if you are asking me.

"I should get that," mused Lucas lightly but didn't make any motion as to collecting the envelope.

So after a few more seconds, I decided to get it over with and went to grab the envelope.

My feet landed quietly on the floor below, sock less as they had fallen off my feet during the duration of the night. My feet padded softly across the room as I approached the letter, running a hand through my gruelling hair, knotted as a nest atop my head.

After picking up the envelope, I flipped the envelope to the other side before flipping it back to the front again, inspecting it. The pure white paper seemed hardly rustled and looked as if it was treated with care. It didn't feel heavy and almost seemed nothing was inside, if not for the small light plastic square barely felt in the middle.

As I stood there trying to get a gist of what it was, Lucas let out a disgruntled sound from behind. "Open it already."

So I did.

Turning around to face him, I unlatched the sealed flap and hesitantly stuck my hand inside to pull out a piece of paper with a largely written number on it, and a small plastic square which was purely red. Almost like the ones you would find from a construction store giving you samples of paint colours.

As I looked up to Lucas, his face of confusion mirrored my own and he snatched the numbered paper out of my hands.

95 it said.

"What the hell does this mean?" He gently grasped the plastic red square out of my hands and turned it over trying to discover what exactly could be encoded on it.