Chapter Fifty Four

A/n: EARLY UPDATE!
I will be having much more regular updates now that I am on holidays. I will be aiming to update once every three days, but that will depend on how quickly I can write the chapters. I hope you are all loving this story and actually like it. I try my best and can't wait until it is finished to see the final result!
Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter! And check out that song ^^^^ that's my song of the day choice!!!!!!!!

Enjoy! TaylorLeFay

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND DON'T FORGET TO READ THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_____________________________
TAG IN COMMENTS HERE; Please spread the word of this story and tag your friends or anyone who will be interested!==>
_____________________________

Chapter Fifty Four:

It was almost deja vu. A mental list in my head and my hand stuffed inside of my bag going through everything I needed for today.

But how could you prepare yourself for something when you don't know what that something is? All I could do was hope that the few scraps of food I had saved and the couple of knives and medical kits could be enough to last me the day.

Could be enough to ensure that I survive today.

Obviously Lucas was doing the same as me. This time, we had even less stuff then the previous test. Instead of packing our own bags with whatever we wanted. We placed on a bed what we needed and eliminated what we didn't need. And split the load between our two bags.

Zipping up my bag, I strung it over my shoulders to test the weight and see how heavy it was. Luckily, it was to my satisfaction and took it off, chucking the bag onto my bed and took a seat beside it.

I was exhausted. We made sure to wake up around six am to prepare ourselves for today. We were going to do it last night, but figured we were better off with sleeping earlier and getting up earlier.

I felt more then saw Lucas stop packing and heard his footsteps approach me. He stopped in front of me before giving my shoulder a playful nudge, making my tired face smile a bit.

"Come on," he rolled his eyes. "We haven't even started yet."

He then grabbed my hands with his and hauled me upwards. My body complaining at the sudden movements. But what hurt the most was the wounds on my chest and I couldn't help but let out a hiss of pain.

Lucas was quick to drop my arms and took a step forward with concern etched on his face. "Shit, I'm sorry, you okay?" The frown stayed there as he examined my face for hints of extreme pain.

"I'm fine," I huff out trying to calm my breathing so the pain didn't hurt that much, but he shook his head placed a hand on his face dragging it down.

"You're not fine," he muttered angrily and turned to the side kicking the nightstand making me jump. "You haven't even healed and we have to do this shit again."

I grabbed his shoulder and forcefully pulled him to face me. I took a step forward and rose on my toes so we were eye level and leaned in ever so slightly. "I will be fine, and so will you, you got hurt too. The test will be fine today and we will make it through."

He stood angrily for a few seconds breathing heavily before his head dropped and he relaxed. Satisfied, I fell back onto my feet and his hand gripped mine softly.

I smiled to myself before turning towards the nightstand and stared at the envelope. Like the plant test, we were assigned two numbers, one number was labeled as round number and the other was round intervals. Our round number was 972 and actually wasn't listed on a paper, but printed on a navy armband with white writing 972. Round 24.