Chapter Thirty Two

A/n: Hey guys! Sorry for the late update! I have been busy with exams, but thank you so much for the more reads!!!
*IMPORTANT* okay, so I have a few questions.
Please help with ---> ANY ideas for tests,
Message through Wattpad DM's,
The chapter would be dedicated to you along with a shoutout!
Anyways, thank you! Don't forget to comment and hit that star.
Enjoy! TaylorLeFay
_____________________________
ALSO COMMENT; if anyone wants a chapter from outside of the Resdue on Bryce's families point of view???
_____________________________

Chapter Thirty Two:

"It was you," he whispered, confusing me and making me pause in between my sobbing.

"This was your fault," his green eyes bore into mine making my sob even harder having to hear it out loud.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," I whispered in between my tears.

He gave me a final glare when his upper shoulder was grabbed and was pulled away leaving me crying on my own.

"Carter, Carter!" I screamed trying to run to him but couldn't.

And he only stared at me, stared at me as he was dragged outside the two doors leading to his death. The only noise being heard was the whispered dancing along the hall causing me to sob harder.

"It was you."

• • •

I woke up with a jerk and rose sitting on my bed, an embedded gasp escaping from my mouth as I panted, sweat dripping down my forehead. My pyjamas laid plastered to my body and I felt sticky as the blanket clung to me.

Taking another deep breath, I fell back against my pillow, lying on the comfy cushion as I felt myself slowly begin to relax at Lucas's soothe breaking filled the silent room. From my right, little bursts of faded sunlight began to glisten in the room. No doubt sunrise was just beginning.

The ever dark room seemed almost claustrophobic to me at this point as the memories of that dream ran through my head. That dream I have been having every night since the incident.

'It was you.'

His piercing blue eyes always staring into mine as that horrible look of defeat fell onto his face. His intense gaze as he frowned, small tears trickling down his face, cascading as if it were almost like a waterfall.

The thought of him only ever brought pain to me. As I thought the pain in my chest could not grow, after a nights sleep seemed to deem me wrong. No matter what I feel one day, it's worse the next.

'It was you.'

His face haunted me in not only my sleep, but when I was awake. Simply walking down the cobblestone walkway was hard enough as everyone male I saw seemed to look like him. And as they stared at me passing by all I could see was the disappointed look Carter would give me.

'It was you.'

I have never felt as guilty as I have ever felt before. The horrid emotion was slowly eating me alive and it was a wonder how I was still sane.

As I lay thinking about what Carter says to me every night it my sleep and daunting moments of day, my chest only began to grow heavier.

'It was me.'

• • •

After lying still for a while lost in the thoughts that haunted my mind, the only comfort being the soft snores and breaths Lucas was taking, I heard the noise of an alarm ringing through the building and the noise of static running through the large speakers in the hallway.