Chapter Seventy Nine

A/n: EARLY UPDATE!
Would love if you guys engaged more! It helps keep me motivated!

I hope you are all loving this story and actually like it. I try my best and can't wait until it is finished to see the final result!

Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter! And check out that song ^^^^ that's my song of the day choice!!!!!!!!

Enjoy! TaylorLeFay

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND DON'T FORGET TO READ THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_____________________________
TAG IN COMMENTS HERE; Please spread the word of this story and tag your friends or anyone who will be interested!==>
_____________________________

Chapter Seventy Nine:

Everyone was silent as we walked. 

A few hours after everything had happened we knew we had to keep moving. It was not only due to the fact that we would fall behind. But just where we were with the constant looming reminder that Rebecca was not there due to the cliff side made us move on

For a while, we walked along the cliff side on the left, but after being unable to handle being so close to the edge, we began descending the hill we came up on, but at an angle so that we were still travelling across it to the edge.

I knew my body was in pain, but I barely felt it as I was just numb and forced myself to keep moving. At this point, I was hardly thinking anymore as my brain kept replaying the moments of Rebecca reaching up and falling and dying.

I could not say how long we travelled for. Only, we travelled all day without a single stop or break. It seemed the extraneous exercise and activity managed to occupy all of us and distracted us.

Even though, I could still hear Jaylen crying as he travelled at a further distance than us, I could tell he had a new sort of determination. And before we left to continue on, I was relieved to hear and yet still heart broken to know what his motivation was.

"For her."

Lucas travelled further behind me as we were separated in a long, dispersed line. Everyone was just keeping to themselves and were trying to recover from what happened.

By the time night fell, what happened earlier this morning seemed like a distant memory. A nightmare that haunted us, yet, still seemed to follow us even within the waking moments of the night and day.

I had to force myself to eat and swallow food and water, even though I knew I needed it. In fact, that was the only reason why I consumed anything. Because, I knew that if I did not, I would not be making it far and I need to just keep moving.

I needed to keep moving so the pain and hate I held towards myself would disappear. So, I could stop feeling the hurt and guilt which was eating me alive.

As selfish as it was, I could not let myself face anything.

Especially, not right now. Because, as soon as I began to face and acknowledge what happened, it would then consume me and leave me in pieces. And I could not afford to do that right now, not here.

I just had to keep moving.

Sleeping that night was impossible as I was either left awake in my own thoughts. My turn to watch was a living nightmare as I was left by myself and was forced to stay alert and to confront what happened.

The guilt and hate and anger began to drive me insane, so bad that in the middle of the night I left the two boys where they laid asleep. Lucas was sound asleep, or so I thought, I had a feeling he was wide awake but I was not quite sure either. Jaylen was curled into a ball and had finally fallen asleep after crying for hours.