Chapter Thirty One

A/n: Hey guys! 2000 READS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!
*IMPORTANT* okay, so I have a few questions.
Please help with ---> ANY ideas for tests,
Message through Wattpad DM's,
The chapter would be dedicated to you along with a shoutout!
Anyways, thank you! Don't forget to comment and hit that star.
Enjoy! TaylorLeFay
_____________________________
ALSO COMMENT; if anyone wants a chapter from outside of the Resdue on Bryce's families point of view???
_____________________________

Chapter Thirty One:

It was a somber day.

Everyone trickled in and out of different buildings, entering and leaving the dining hall after attempting to fill their bellies with the nutritious foods the Resdue had to offer.

The memories of early this morning still clouded everyone's heads, the memories of burning and the smell of burnt wood and sizzled metal filled the air making everything seem suffering.

The memories were fresh and the sound of their screams from inside the buildings where the flames had licked over their flesh and haunted my mind, the sound never escaping with me.

The sky was covered in clouds, having the sun hiding behind them even showing that it didn't want to show itself in the darkness which hung below it. Where I was now.

Only God knew how much I needed to have one sun ray to help get me through the day.

The wind blew a cold breeze causing the little huddle of people that I was with to incline closer, hugging ourselves and pulling the much too big jacket draping my shoulders tighter against me.

"— And I was so close to picking the wrong key, but I realised just a second before I grabbed it," said Shaun as he explained the story of how he had almost doomed himself and Lucy last night.

He dragged his hand through his short cropped, Goldilocks blonde hair. He shook his head as he shut his eyes, no doubt remembering how exactly that moment played out. "We were that close, that close to losing," he stressed and with the way his lips were in a straight line and the creases on his tanned forehead, I knew that it had bothered him all night.

"Well," Lucy began, almost as if sensing that Shaun was in need of deep reassurance, draped her arm around his waist and pulled him into a quick half hug before pulling back looking at the rest of us. "I believe that Shaun had done a great job," she looked at him, "without you, we wouldn't be here."

Funny, I said pretty much the same thing to Lucas.

Shaun smiled gratefully at her and we were quick to reassure him as well. Jarvis taking the largest initiative and slapped him on the back giving him a small smile.

It seemed that Shaun then seemed a little embarrassed with all the attention of everyone on him, smiling, and was quick to divert the conversation to anyone but him.

"So what about the rest of you guys? Who was the savior and the damsel in distress," he teased but no one took it lightly.

Automatically, I turned to Lucas and Jarvis hoping one of them would speak up, not wanting to talk about my own. It was when I turned to Jarvis that I saw he was already looking at me, and for a second I thought that he was going to talk about my experience, but he then began to speak. I wasn't sure if it was because of the desperation seeping from inside of me unwillingly showing in my face, or because he just wanted to talk about it.

"For your information, I prefer to be known as the knight in shining armor and not just the savior," and he looked over at Logan wiggling his eyebrows as everyone realised that Logan was the damsel in distress.