Chapter Fifty Eight

A/n: I. AM. SO. SORRY!
Hi everyone! I know I actually exist and I am sooooo sorry for taking over a month to update. I just started a new school and was head high with assignments, homework and other school shit. And then the worst hit..... Coronavirus. I hope you are all okay and keeping well and safe!!!
It was until now that I'm finally staying home from school as you might have heard the Australia has gone wack and decided that it was best to not go into lockdown.
Like smart fucking choice Scomo, like, let's just all die from this virus, no worries. In fact he closes everything, especially that has a gathering of more then 500 people, to a gathering of 100 people, to now 2, except for school.
Someone give him a fucking medallion for the smartest decisions ever.
Anyways, that was my rant about this shit situation. Butttt, since I'm home from school now on my own mini lockdown with the rest of the Australian students, I have some time to write more chapters. And I apologised advance for this chapter, it's short and pretty shit and was rushed because I wanted to write something for you guys. And since it's a filler chapter....l the next one will be better.
Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter! And check out that song ^^^^ that's my song of the day choice!!!!!!!!

Enjoy! TaylorLeFay

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND DON'T FORGET TO READ THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_____________________________
TAG IN COMMENTS HERE; Please spread the word of this story and tag your friends or anyone who will be interested!==>
_____________________________

Chapter Fifty Eight:

I was silent as we walked away. We travelled, for quite a while without any words. But even though nothing was said aloud, the words tortured me from the inside.

Yes, I did what I needed to do.

I did what kept Lucas alive.

And did I regret that? No.

However, I still was in shock and couldn't help but feel incredibly guilty as to what I had done.

But that was the thing. I didn't feel guilty because of what happened to Katie. Katie was evil. She was conniving and a psychopath. She willingly killed another team to make it out for herself.

Although I can't half blame her for that. We were all scared and did irrational things to survive, yet the thought of killing others never crossed my mind.

I wouldn't let the Resdue destroy me that much.

I wouldn't let the Resdue destroy me to the point where I wasn't myself, and could never become myself again.

So no, I didn't feel guilty that Katie had died.

What I felt guilty about was how I let the games get to me and go against all my morals.

I knew that it might just come down to this and was prepared to fight for my life. However, you can never truly be prepared to do that. To take another life.

However when I saw her raise that knife above Lucas ready to kill him, I instantly knew that I would do anything to stop that from happening.

And it was a good thing I did.

Beside me, an arm around each other, we limped on, continuing to find an exit that would just not appear.

It was still night and no light ascended on us. Pitch black, no torches, no visible light and a foggy mist floating around made it near impossible to survive this.

God know how long it has been since Katie, however, it was probably only twenty minutes. But that twenty minutes felt like an absolute life time. In fact, it felt like a few life times.

Suddenly, a gasp from beside me break from my thoughts and I found Lucas holding his side.

"Hey. Hey, it's okay," I whispered to him not wanting to attract anymore unwanted attention and stepped near the side where we weren't in the middle of the path.

I could faintly see the outline of his body as he slanted over his side clutching his stomach where the knife skimmed him. Although, from before I saw the skimming of the knife and it was a huge gash.

It was gushing blood but didn't hit any vital organs. However, even tho it didn't hit any organs guaranteeing death, this was still deadly if it went untreated. Even the mere fact of the amount of pain he would be in would be rough.

I was quick to tie it with a piece of clothing torn off of Katie and I could see now as Lucas held it tightly and hissed through clenched teeth.

"Lucas, don't focus on it," I half pleaded half demanded as I grabbed his arm tightly.

I could almost feel his eyes watching my hand that held his arm and could faintly see him nod.

"It stings like a bitch."

I let out a breath of air and nodded.

"I know, I know, but you need to hold on a little longer."

After a few seconds of deep breathing he threw his arm back around mine and staggered forward as I tried balancing him. "Just till we make it."

I let out a breath of laughter that echoed through the quiet dark night. And just like that we continued on.

It felt like forever as we continued. We would randomly stumble upon paths we did not previously see because of the no light, and trip over loose stones and rocks and branches that littered the ground.

And as we continued, we grew more and more tired. It was exhausting and we have been in here for hours.

But there was only one thought that kept me going and it was remembering that if Katie was still in here then the other team for sure was. And the other sad thought I realised was that we now had a fifty fifty Chance in surviving instead of a one in four.

Yes, it was a little reliving but I felt guilty about that.

My body heaved and cried in pain for how long I have had to continue on. It was in pain and ached after everything, especially the fight.

But it wasn't until we accidentally stumbled upon a hidden path that I felt the best feeling in the world.

Out of the millions of words existing in the world, I could not describe the feeling I felt when I saw a bright light at the end of a long path.

I froze, eyes wide with Lucas beside me, no doubt feeling the exact same way.

It was the exit.