Chapter Two

HELLO PEOPLE! Thank you so much for opening my book HER ONLY CHANCE! I am here to let you all know that this is a very first draft and on my profile you will see that I have begun to publish the NEW version of Her Only Chance, which will be my official version!!! SO please instead of reading this unedited version, just click on my profile and add the new version!

HOPE YOU ALL ENJOY!!!!

Chapter Two:

"Making this decision is most probably the most hardest thing I have ever done in my entire life." Roger said looking extremely distressed.

"Firstly, I would like to pay my regards to the Newton's and Jefferson's. I am..." Roger stopped to clear his throat as it broke, his face distraught with sadness and guilt.

"So sorry," he continued. "For your loss. We will forever miss and grieve Nate Newton and Nancy Jefferson. They were such bright kids and would of achieved so much in life."

Mrs Newton burst out crying and all you could hear in the silence was the wracking sobs of Mrs Newton who was soon joined by Mrs Jefferson. Mrs Newton's husband was staring straight ahead keeping his wife close to him, stoking her back and Mr Jefferson was silently crying.

"We will now have a minute of silence for Nate, Nancy, and everyone we have lost."

Everyone bowed their heads and was silent.

I looked over at Soren beside me and saw that he held pain in his eyes. Nate was one of Soren's closest friends before. I hadn't really knew him but Soren had and they have been friends since diapers as well. When we had to watch the games last year, Nate and Nancy were the farthest anyone from our school or area has ever gotten. Everyone had such high hopes or them succeeding and we all believed that they could make it. Even I thought so and I was more of a realistic kind of person.

They were walking through a forest they were chucked into when all of a sudden a wild mutant bear had come out of a bush. It was covered in almost poisonous black fur, with red deluded eyes and had blood dripping down its dark snout.

The mutant bear ripped Nancy up right in front of Nate. Blood splurged everywhere, spraying Nate and gutting Nancy.

It took her a minute to die.

Nate tried to fight the bear off as much as he could in hopes to try save Nancy although her death was inevitable, but it was no use. Nancy had died and before Nate could react and the bear then clawed Nate apart as well.

I remember it clearly.

We were all in this exact gym and we were all screaming and cheering. We danced and continued screaming, there was food and laughter, there was smiles shot though the hall and people were positive. Soren was beside me smiling as we watched Nancy and Nate walk through a bush track nearing the end. But everyone then fell into a deathly silent as the rapid bear came out. The music was cut and we listened to the screams they let out, the whimpering.

The Newton's and Jefferson's had stared in shock until it was over. When it was done no one knew what to do. If had felt like a century had passed when Mr Jefferson had started screaming and smashed the table he was next to and started throwing things everywhere, his bright blue eyes, like his child's, shone with tears that were starting to flow. Mr Newton had just started reacting and stormed up to Roger and started yelling at him and threatened to kill. He threw a punch and Jefferson came over to help when a few other men pulled them apart.

Soren had such a heartbroken expression on his face. He had just watched one of his best friends being torn apart on the big scream, his intestines splattered metres away from his body.