Chapter Forty Four

A/n: I'll be posting about once a week (at least) now that I'm on holidays!!!!! We still have quite a bit to go though!!!! But we will get there! Anyways, I hope you enjoy the chapter! And check out that song ^^^^ that's my song of the day choice!!!!!!!!
By the way, I have no idea why I wrote what I wrote but oh well, it's there and I'm not bothered changing it. *awkward laughter*.
(EDITED)
Enjoy! TaylorLeFay
_____________________________
PLEASE COMMENT; let me know if you are liking the story. It would be amazing to know and I'll love to know what you are thinking!
_____________________________

Chapter Forty Four:

I felt the ball release from my hand as it darted towards the other side of the room. The sound of lost wind whistling through the air was satisfying but was quickly cut off the the sound of a thump as it was caught.

Lucas had his hand wrapped around the fluorescent yellow ball and smiled as he chucked it back at me, quite harshly might I add that when the ball whistled towards me I almost fell backwards from trying to stop it smashing the window behind me.

It was a quiet night tonight but was actually nice. The atmosphere in the dining hall was almost light as we enjoyed a five corse meal with consisted of nicely cooked state, not too raw nor too burnt. A dozen of garlic bread just out of the oven, a selection of different rice, and a beautiful pea salad which I had inhaled after first trying.

I was surprised at how nice all the food was but didn't really care. If the food was good, it was good and I wasn't going to complain.

Lucas and I had an unspoken agreement that we were going to have a silent relaxing night, so we sat atop of both our beds, cross legged and face each other as we passed chucked a ball around that Lucas for some reason packed into his bag.

"Why did you pack a tennis ball again," I chucked the ball towards him.

"I don't know." Catch, "it's important," chuck.

"How is it important?" I asked curiously as I chucked the ball back towards him.

"It will be the difference between life and death."

A burst of laughter came out of me and I almost missed the ball that he pegged at my head.

"Life or death?"

I laughed harder now clenching my stomach as I weakly chucked the ball towards him. I could see the frown on his face through my tears and couldn't help but laugh louder as he had a disgruntled but embarrassed look on his face.

"Yes," he simply stated causing me to begin to hiccup.

I was laughing so hard that I could see that he was now growing mad and saw his jaw clench. "Alright fine."

He then went to go away and I was quick to stop laughing and sit up straight with a slight frown but really I just wanted to laugh.

"No, no," I said calmly as I regained myself. "I'm sorry."

I watched as he paused for a second before he sat down with a loud plonk, chains rattling, and chucked the ball at me. Unfortunately, he didn't miss the smile on my lips and as he went to complain I shook my head fast and passed the ball back to him.

"Not laughing," I confirmed more to myself then him.

He seemed to roll his eyes and let a smile slip of his own and he chucked the ball back at me. He chucked it quite high that I had to literally jump to get the ball before it slipped behind me and smashed open the window.

He had been doing this all night; trying to break the window. He seemed to have some kind of urge to break it open and it annoyed me to no ends. I had no idea what would happen if we had broken a window. Would the head coordinators fix it, or leave us to suffer in the cold air that clouded the nights. Hell, even with a window in place it was still cold.