Soft smiles and worried eyes

"You promised!" Yoongi yelled and ran after the younger at full speed, challenging himself to catch his omega if that's what it takes to convince him that he belongs to him.
——-

Hoseok was laughing too hard that he couldn't run anymore and slowed down his pace, bending over and put his palms on his knees to catch his breath, looking back to check on the alpha but panicked as he couldn't see him anywhere. Yoongi was chasing him for about five minutes now and it was the first time he looked back.

"Yoongi..?" He called, standing back up and anxiously looked around the dark streets, his heart beating too fast in both fear and from the running he did seconds ago.

He started running back to the streets he had crossed, looking all over while screaming the alpha's name, he was running out of breath and his legs were about to give up but he continued searching for him until he couldn't move anymore and was almost about to fall when he felt strong arms wrap around his upper body, holding him tightly.

Hoseok felt a wave of relief wash over his body as he inhaled the person's scent, recognizing it as his mate's and leaned back onto his body, A lone tear rolling down his cheek.

"You scared me." He weakly whispered.

"I'm sorry." Yoongi whispered softly, tightening his arms around his waist and pulls him closer, snuggling his face into his neck and deeply inhaled the omega's sweet scent to calm himself down, feeling the anger wash away.

"Why?" Hoseok asked, he was angry at the alpha and wanted nothing more Than to yell at him for scaring him but was too tired to pull away.

"Do you want me to tell you the truth?"

"Yes."

"My enemies were targeting you, I think they saw me hanging around with you so they sent two men to capture you tonight, I saw them when I was chasing you and cornered them into an ally and got rid of them."

Hoseok widened his eyes in shock and turned around to face the alpha, cubbing his face, "A-are you Okay?"

Yoongi just smiled, nodding softly. He was expecting hoseok to yell at him for dragging him into his fucked up life, not to worry about him and look at him with those beautiful eyes that were full of concern.

He totally doesn't deserve him but Yoongi will work hard to make himself worthy for his omega.

"Yes, I'm fine hoseok."

"Don't do something like that again, you almost gave me a heart attack." Hoseok remarked, hitting the alpha's chest softly and rested his head on his shoulder, "At least tell me okay?"

Yoongi chuckled softly and hugged the omega closer, taking in his sweet calming scent and unconsciously kissed his hair, "Okay."

They stayed like that for awhile, the darkness of the night engulfing them with a peaceful silence and the wind humming softly in the background as they stared up at the sky, watching the stars twinkle and look down at them as if they were guarding them.

Soft smiles rested upon their lips, their eyes gaining a small twinkle of happiness that they caused to each other which they were unaware of.

"Shall we go? It's getting colder." Yoongi said, yet making no movement to let go of the omega.

Hoseok hummed, still looking up at the sky and pointed at a star that was too far away from any other stars, "It looks lonely." He commented, his lips forming a small triangle as he pouted.

Yoongi chuckled, grazing his tongue over his lips and nodded, "It'll find its mate someday, don't worry." He said, focused on the younger's lips, they looked so tempting, soft and plum. he just wanted to kiss them, bruise them and lick them.

"Let's go now." Hoseok said and unwrapped himself from the alpha, immediately missing his warmth and walked ahead to the direction of his house, hearing yoongi's footsteps walk after him.

Yoongi grabbed the omega's hand and intertwined their fingers, "Don't walk ahead of me."

Hoseok's heart picked up its pace, feeling the alpha's warm, large hand against his and nodded, "Hurry up then, you old man." He joked, distracting himself from his whining wolf.

"Alright then." With that, Yoongi tightened his grip on the omega's hand and ran with him fast, laughing as the younger yelped in surprise.

"Yah slow down!"

•*•*•*•*•*•

Thoughts?

(Selfless promo: just published a new bottom hoseok x bts one shot book, please do check it out if interested

(Selfless promo: just published a new bottom hoseok x bts one shot book, please do check it out if interested.)

Thank you for reading, see you on the next chapter 👋💜