Chapter Forty Five

Start from the beginning

As Lucas and I waited I couldn't help but feel a sense of dread take over me. I was horrified at what this test was and what would happen. I wasn't a hundred percent certain with my ankle still and was terrified at what this test was about.

I began to feel my body overheat and started taking slow calming breaths to cool myself down. It wasn't right that I had to feel like this. I shouldn't fell like this. No one should feel like this. Especially at my age, or at any age. It just sucked big time that I had to deal with this. That everyone had to deal with this.

But I stood in the unmoving atmosphere around me. My panic soon let down after Lucas and I waited for only a short amount of time. Gailsman finally made an appearance in front of the dining hall in his professional overused clothing with a glowing smile on his face.

He had a microphone in hand and raised to his lips as he addressed everyone who had become quite at the sight of the cruel man in front of us.

"Good morning everyone, and welcome to the sixth test. Now, we are going to keep this very short as we are on a time schedule. When you arrive more will be explained. So let's go." He said cheerfully.

I glanced at Lucas briefly with a worried grim look which he seemed to replicate back at me.

Here we go.

• • •

I wasn't exactly sure where we were.

I mean, there was a giant stadium in front of me that was obviously bigger than a football stadium, however, it was surrounded by nothing. And by nothing, I meant literally nothing. Only a faint dirt road which was how we got here, but empty plains as far as the eye could see.

It was well past midnight now and was approaching dawn and I knew we had been driving for hours, at least.

As I stared at the gigantic stadium that raised higher than a ten storey building, I realised it must've been some sort of arena and not a stadium.

It was pure metal with no windows allowing you to peer inside. It looked as if it was brand new as it had no rusting along the metal rings that held the large scraps of metal together and almost looked like it had a freshly painted coat of white paint that rose from the bottom to about a quarter of the way to the top.

I couldn't exactly say or see how large it was, but could only predict that it was bigger than two soccer fields combined together.

At least.

Everyone had finally arrived and there was a buzz of noise which was directed towards the stadium/arena. We were dropped off in front of one of the outer tunnels which would lead into the actual stadium. It was almost like the dramatic tunnels which your favourite soccer team would walk out of making some dramatic entrance.

Only now, it was our turn.

From beside me, Lucas let out a low whistle and I turned my head to look at him as he gazed up almost in awe but also fear.

"Wow," he commented and I nodded in agreement as I was in some sort of shocked state as well. Whether at the stadium or fear? I didn't know.

"I know," was the only thing I could respond.

I watched as his head turned down towards me and his lips were in a straight line as if grim. "We'll be okay," he said but I felt a little hesitant. Will we though?

Suddenly, a high pitched noise wailed out loud, a screeching noise being heard from everywhere making everyone cringe and a few quirks and boys screaming out in shock.