Cross Country

Olivia and Elliot sat side by side in the front of their NYPD sedan. Elliot drove over the George Washington Bridge as he let out a noisy sigh.

"What's wrong?" Olivia questioned, and Elliot frowned.

"I hate when Cragen sends us on out of city investigations. Like we have to go to freaking Billings Montana to find a murderer that is now in his 50's." Elliot replied, and Olivia shrugged.

"Like yeah, but at least he didn't just send us out on a plane that was too packed and forced us to have kids kick the back of our seats," Olivia replied. Elliot nodded slowly before pulling into a gas station.

"What the hell are you doing?!" She questioned quickly and Elliot smiled.

"If we are going to Montana, I'm going to get some snacks for the drive. What do you want?" Elliot asked, and Olivia sighed softly.

"I want a slushie. Maybe chips." She grinned, and he nodded.

"Sounds good. I'll be back in an hour." He spoke, and her eyes went wide.

"An hour?!"

"Okay 10 minutes and then I'll be back with your food and mine."

///

Olivia and Elliot got a hotel room that night. Elliot flopped down on the bed and started to watch TV while Olivia went in to shower. She had forgotten her bag, so she had to awkwardly stick her head out of the bathroom and say his name.

"Elliot." She sighed.

"What?" Elliot replied, not taking his eyes from the TV.

"Would you mind grabbing my bag for me, please?" Olivia asked, and Elliot looked over at her and smiled.

"Did you forget your clothes? Are you naked behind that door?" Elliot teased, and Olivia sighed.

"Okay, dude just grab me my bag, please. I'm begging you." Olivia replied, and Elliot stood slowly and grabbed Olivia's suitcase before walking over to the door. He stood in front of it and smiled at her.

"You must pay for my dinner tonight. If not, you are going to have to come out here, stark naked, and grab your bag yourself." Elliot replied. She sighed before dropped her head and looking down at the carpet.

"Okay. Deal. Just give me my bag, douchebag."

///

The next night when they stopped for the night, Olivia made sure to remember her bag before getting in the shower. That night, she left the bathroom and saw Elliot sitting on the bed as he cleaned his gun.

"What are you doing?" Olivia asked quietly.

"Cleaning my gun. Why?" He questioned, and she sighed.

"I was just wondering if you want to go out and get some drinks? We are technically off the clock and I am wanting some beer." Olivia spoke, and Elliot smiled.

"My treat this time?" He asked, and Olivia nodded.

"You did make me pay for your steak last night." She replied, and he nodded.

"Let me just get changed into jeans then we can go."

Elliot got changed then he and Olivia walked to the bar down the street. They were already joking around and enjoying their time, so when they added drinks to the mix they were enjoying their time more.

"See, going across country isn't boring. And it's more fun with me." Olivia spoke, as she grabbed one of the jalapeno poppers and ate it before passing the plate to Elliot.

"Liv, we've known each other for so many years, but I feel like this trip has been the most fun I have ever had with you. I get to see a different side of you... one that is so carefree and laughing."

"I'm only carefree because I don't need to pull my gun out while we are just driving to Montana... and you seem to be calmer now. It's like your divorce from Kathy isn't weighing as heavy on your shoulders as it was for the last few months." Olivia spoke, and Elliot nodded.

"Yeah... I know. I've been depressed. I've been trying to be happy for the boys, but it's hard when Kathy barely lets me see them." Elliot frowned.

Olivia reached across the table and grabbed his hand and squeezed it.

"Ryder and Reid both love you, and they know that something is off and that it isn't your fault at all. And it's okay." Olivia breathed, before going to drop his hand but he intertwined their fingers before bringing it to his lips and kissing it softly.

"Let's head back to the hotel room. I think that we are both drunk and we have to leave the hotel at 6 tomorrow morning." Elliot breathed and Olivia nodded.

"Sounds good."

///

The night before they hit Billings, Olivia and Elliot stayed in the sedan instead of a hotel room. Olivia and Elliot had both put their seats back but instead of sleeping they were talking. Elliot was talking about his sons, and Olivia was talking about the one guy she had just recently broken up with.

"I kinda hope we have a hard time finding the guy... I like spending so much time with you when we can be alone." Olivia spoke, as she grabbed one of the jackets from the back seat and folded it up a bit to use it as a pillow.

"You know, we could spend more time like this together."

"We could?" Olivia asked.

"Yeah, we could. I wouldn't mind being around you more. Being able to see you smile more than you do inside of the station house would be amazing." Elliot spoke. He rolled over onto his side and looked at Olivia.

"You kissed my hand." She spoke, and Elliot's eyes filled with confusion.

"Yeah? So?" He questioned.

"You have never touched my body with your lips. It was weird... I felt all tingly and good."

"Really? Huh." Elliot smiled.

"Really."

Two partners who have known each other for so many years finally got to realize what their feelings for each other were after being sent from Manhattan to Billings. Olivia finally started to realize that all of Elliot's teasing seemed to have actually been flirting, and Elliot finally got Olivia to realize that he liked her... as in liked liked her. 

Elliot leaned over the empty space between the seats and he pressed his lips gently to Olivia's. He could feel as her lips shook, but when she reached over and ran her fingers through his short cut hair, he knew she liked being kissed by him.

Hey guys! So I found a website that has over 500+ prompts for one-shots so I'm gonna try and write this more. Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D