"And I want a pineapple and coconut sandwich" mocked Ginny.

"Ha ha, very funny!"

Alice smiled.
It felt weird, she never thought she'd smile after Henrys death, but maybe she could, maybe she would smile more often, knowing it was okay.

"Just give it a break Ron" muttered Hermione, scanning through a Transfiguration book, trying to get as much study done before the upcoming exam.

"I bet you couldn't live a day without that book" he teased.

"At least books are useful" said Hermione cooly. "They help you get a job. Toast is just cooked bread that goes nice with eggs"

Ginny laughed so hard, milk almost spurted out of her nose and Alice began laughing too, realising she could.

"Here Mr. Weasley" said Alice pushing over her plate. "I saved it for you"

"And you waited this entire time?" he laughed.

"I wanted to see how it played out. Then it just got too weird"

Everyone laughed, noticing how different Alice was.
It wasn't as if they were complaining or anything, it was more the fact that they were shocked.

Ron took the toast and everyone resumed to what they were doing before.
Hermione studied.
Harry read.
Ron complained and Ginny mocked him.

Alice observed until it was time for first class.
The class she dreaded ever single week.
Defence against the dark arts.

"Good morning class" Snape greeted in his usual monotone voice, looking up from his obviously very important letter. "You have five minutes to prepare for you examination"

Alice memorized the multiple spells and theory excersises and hoped she was ready for any question, but she knew Snape would make it extra hard.

"Alright, who would like to go first" he asked And nobody raised their hands. "Don't all rush at once"

Alice knew he was just waiting to pick her and mess up her chance at getting a good grade.

"Ms. Malfoy, you look prepared, you go first"

She predicted right.

"What is the incantation for the tongue tying curse?" he asked.

Alice knew immediately, but she also realised they had only touched on this topic.
She only knew it because she read ahead.

"Mimblewimble" she answered.

"Correct. What colour spark does it produce?"

"Blue"

"Correct again"

Snape asked many more questions, each one from a different topic nobody in the class would've heard of.
Alice's extra study paid off.

Knock, knock.

"Enter" answered Snape, asking Alice to sit back down.
Moments later McGonagall's head popped into the classroom.

"Could I see Ms. Malfoy for just a moment, Severus?" she asked, and Alice began to look worried.

"Very well"

Alice slowly rose from her seat, careful not to trip or notice the constant glares she was receiving.

McGonagall lead her to her classroom.

"I'm not in trouble, am I?" Alice asked.

"Of course not" she replied with a laugh. "I have someone who wants to speak with you"