She didn't care if McGonagall gave her more detention, she needed clothes.

She knew Snape was a death eater.
He had visited her quite a few times in the Cell.
He never hurt her, but he also didn't help.

She headed in the direction of McGonagalls classroom, taking deep breaths.
Once she reached her destination, it took every bit of her willpower to prevent herself from running.

"Just knock on the door" she muttered to herself. "Its just a door like you've seen before"

Knock, knock.

"Yes, come in" she heard the strict voice of the Hogwarts professor.

Alice opened the door, her heart racing, not know what McGonagall was going to say.

"What can I help you with Malfoy?" she asked kindly, placing down her tea. "Please, take a seat"

Alice walked slowly over and sat down.
One problem, she couldn't see over the desk.

"Maybe it's best if I stand" she said with a small, nervous laugh and McGonagall smiled.

"Now, before we begin, I must state the obvious" her smiled faded, and left behind a frown. "Not only aren't you wearing your uniform, but you are wandering around without footwear and the clothes you are wearing are torn"

Alice stared at the floor mortified.
She needed to change.
She needed to bend in, otherwise, they will be able to pin point her secrets.

"That's what I came to tell you, professor" she replied quietly. "I don't have any"

"Why is that?"

"I'd rather not talk about it"

"Ms. Malfoy, this isn't a guessing game" she said angrily. "This is complete violation of the school dress code"

"But-"

"No buts, get on your uniform. Your lucky I don't give you detention"

Alice sighed, and thanked her quietly as she closed the door behind her.

"Don't cry Alice" she mumbled. "There are better things to cry over"

She bit her lip, to prevent the tears from falling, and walked back to the common room, knowing she couldn't get inside.

She sat outside the door, waiting for someone. Anyone.
But everyone was at breakfast, and they weren't planning to come back anytime soon.

"Please tell me it won't be like last year" sighed the fat lady, eyeing Alice as she stared at the ceiling.

"What's that supposed to mean?" asked Alice, annoyed.

"Will you just sit out here and wait for someone, someone who will give you the password?"

"Well it's the only option I have, isn't it? Considering the fact you're too much of a horrible git to let me in!" she shouted.

The fat lady gasped in shock, and turned away from Alice, folding her arms.
She felt terrible for upsetting her, but her blood was boiling and her anger was rising.

"I'm sorry" Alice said, over and over and over again, but she got no answer. "I didn't mean what I said. Please!"

Still no answer.
Alice gave up, not bothering to waste her breath any longer.

"Alice? What are you doing?" said Ginny, making Alice jump.

"I........I......." She began, stuttering and getting to her feet.

"Forgot the password?" asked Ginny and Alice nodded, her cheeks turning red. "Don't worry, it's Abstinence"

With slight hesitation, the fat Lady opened the portrait hole, and the two scurried in.

"What's her problem?" laughed Ginny.

"I may or may not have called her horrible git"  chuckled Alice, sitting on a large armchair.

She sighed and stared at the extinguished fire, her mind filling with random thoughts.
Ginny noticed this and was worried that if she asked, Alice would freak out, but she did anyway.

"Are you alright?" she asked.

"Well other than Snape having it in for me, I guess I'm fine" she replied, not meeting Ginny's worried stare.

"What did he do this time?"

"Gave me detention for having no clothes, then McGonagall gave out to me for the same reason"

Ginny looked at her, knowing something else was bothering her, but decided not to push it.

"Ron has spare robes, you can borrow his when he gets back" she suggested.

"Thanks, but it's not fair on Mr. Weasley"

"Alice, we want to help and Ron won't mind, I promise"

Alice smiled weakly.
She knew everyone meant well, but becoming close to people just meant more complications.

"Thanks Ms. Weasley, thank you"

That's all Alice managed to say.
Anything else would have made everyone suspicious.

As I said before, she needs to blend in.
Alice needs to be like everyone else, forget about the past.
If she doesn't do this, things will only get harder.

"Oi Ron! Come here a sec!" shouted Ginny, to Ron who was entering the common room.

"What's wrong?" asked Ron, seeing Alice huddled up on the chair made him think something was wrong.

"We just need your spare robes" answered Ginny.

"Oh alright, what for?"

"Alice has none, so she needs them or Snape will murder her"

Ron mumbled something and minutes later he had a fresh set of robes and Alice changed into them, trying not to look at her shoulder.

The words still haunted her.
Who was going to betray her?
Why?
How?
Where?

But every thought disappeared from her mind when a letter was dropped on the form windowsill and a white owl flew past quickly.

She turned the letter over, her hands shaking.

It was from James.