"I need help! I can't breath! They're outside!"

He rushed in, finding her with her knees tight to her chest and rocking back and forth, and back and forth.

"Alice? Alice, are you alright?" he asked, sitting down on the bed, waving a hand in front of her face.
No response.
Her breaths quickening.

"Alice, calm down. Whatever happened is over"

She suddenly stopped and looked at him, before flinging her arms around his neck and the fresh tears streamed down her face.

The embrace took Bill by surprise, but he hugged back and he felt her breathing slow down to a normal beat.

Alice didn't speak.
Bill asked no questions.
After she broke apart from the hug, she stared out the window.

"Would you like me to leave?" he asked, breaking the silence, and Alice looked at him worridly.
He knew immediately that she wanted him to stay.
She didn't have to say anything.
He just knew.

"I'm sorry" she mumbled after another period of silence passed. "I didn't mean to scare you the first night you came, I should've said something"

"Alice, you are the last person who needs to apologise" he said kindly, turning slightly so he could see her face. "I'm sorry"

"Apology accepted"

She hugged him again, before trying yet again to remeber things.
She doesn't know when, but at some point in the night, Bill fell asleep, still with the protective arm around her.

For once she felt safe.

~*~

Over the coming days, the Burrow was as busy as ever.
Bill and Fleur still couldn't decide on wedding arrangements, and the Weasleys and others were busy packing for Hogwarts.

"Come on, I want the trunks ready tonight!" said Ms. Weasley annoyed, shaking her head. "We can't have that last minute scramble like we always do!"

And in fact, their departure the following morning was smoother than usual. The ministry cars glided up to the front of the Burrow to find them waiting.

Everyone had a trunk by there side, well all but Alice.
Before James took her, she hadn't prepared for a kidnapping so obviously didn't get her trunk.
She just hoped that it was still in Hogwarts, because she had nothing.
Much to her surprise, no one noticed.

"Au revoir, Alice" said Fleur throatily, kissing her goodbye.
Alice tensed up slightly, smiling weakly as she followed the others to the car.

There was no cheerful Hagrid awaiting them at the station. Instead, two grim-faced, new red Aurors in dark muggle suits moved forward the moment the cars stopped.

"Come on, quickly through the barrier" hurried Mrs. Weasley. "Harry, you go through first"

Alice gripped to Ron's shirt again, and watched as the bearded men guided Harry to the barrier.

He pushed his trolley directly at the solid wall, ignoring his silent companions and found himself a second later, standing on platform 9 3/4, where the scarlet Hogwarts Express stood, belching steam over the crowd.

Alice and the others joined him immediately after.
They said a few quick goodbyes to Ms. Weasley and she begged them not to die on her now and to make sure Alice at least eats an apple a day.

"Coming then to the usual compartment?" asked Harry, gesturing towards the last one.

"We can't Harry" said Hermione, looking apologetic. "Ron and I've got to to go to the prefect carriage first and then patrol the corridors for a bit"