"Ready to go?" He asked me.

"Ready when you guys are." I got in the back seat and waited.

I guess he took my answer a little too literally, because he was all on her against the car outside while I waited inside the car, feeling so alone. Nothing but my awkward air and the light music filling the car gave me company. I chewed on my lip, watching Drew hold Fallon against him, kissing her, using a little tongue. Fallon wasn't even resisting. It looked like she loved it. They both loved it, while I'm sitting in the car watching them and hating it. So bad. 

Eventually, they come inside. Drew's driving of course, and Fallon's sitting in the passenger seat. He drove away. I stared at the window, feeling sort of 'pouty'. I didn't want my attitude to taint this 'perfect' night so I sat up straight, cleared my throat, and put a fake small smile on my face.

"So Ellie," Drew watched me through the view mirror, "You ready for tonight?" 

"Sure," I decided to say in a fake happy voice. 

He smiled at me and turned back to the road. The whole ride to school, Fallon was holding Drew's hand while he drove with the other one. They would glance at each other here and there, tell each other 'I love you', and then it would get silent for a second. In that silence, they failed to realize that me, Ellie Weslen, the girl who will be forever alone is in the back seat, secretly dreading this night. Blah. 

When we found a parking space, we saw many students, some had dates, and some came with friends. A lot of people dressed cute but not too cute, especially the seniors and juniors, remembering that prom is in just another month and a half anyway. I stepped out while Drew and Fallon walked ahead, holding hands. 

Fuck you both! I wanted to yell, but instead, I rolled my eyes and continued on.

I wanted to freakin' cry. I needed Ace. Wait, no I don't. All I need is to find a little happiness in me and let it build on from there. Who knows? Maybe David would actually want to talk to me and dance a little. Yeah. I don't need Ace at all.  

I walked inside the buildings while rubbing my arm, feeling a little uneasy about this whole thing. 

*   *   *

Ace's POV

I stood in front of the bathroom mirror, straightening my tie.

"Drew," I said to myself in the thick silence, "What in the hell are you making me do?"

I know Drew's not here. I'm talking to myself obviously, but Drew's plan for me tonight to confront Ellie is making me a little nervous. He says to show up with damn roses and just flat out tell her 'I love you', when I'm not even sure I love her. He says it's what he did when Fallon and him had that big fight months ago. But he fails to realize that just because Ellie and Fallon have similar pasts doesn't mean they're exactly the same. They're different people with different tastes. This shit might not work. 

If it doesn't, I'm beating the shit out of Drew for making me embarrass myself.

Well, I won't really beat him. I'll just be pissed. I'm not used to rejection, and the last time some girl hurt me was when I found out she was sleeping with some guy at a party. I don't want to go through that shit again. I don't want another girl to screw my feelings over. I don't want Ellie to reject me and turn away from me when I desperately need for her to just talk to me. To say something. I'm taking this risk though, and it's a big risk. I'm risking my feelings even though they could get hurt again. I'm risking my heart although it could get broken again.

But I'm willing to do this. For her. Ellie. 

I sighed and once I finished getting ready, I went down the stairs and grabbed my hummer keys. I walked outside, I looked up at the sky. The blue skies started to get darker, and the stars and moon started appearing.