Chapter 4

*                       *                        *

It's finally Friday, and it's been three days since I've embarrassed myself from replaying the rape parts in class. I thought that if I came back that following day, Ace would maybe ask if I were alright but he didn't. In fact, he was back to being a jerk. It's not like he never left that mode anyway.

A lot of people talked about my little embarrassing scene but later forgot about it, while Drew and Fallon expressed their concerns for me. I didn't really want anyone talking about it or feeling sorry for me. I just wanted everyone to forget about it, really. Anyway, today is also the day of Ace's party, and everyone was talking about how cool it would be. Ace hates my guts, so I know I'm not invited and I'm cool with it.

I sat at the counter in the kitchen to eat a bowl of cereal while Evan was eating with me.

I raised an eyebrow and tried to smile, "How does it look for you? Being a grown man and eating cereal?"

"There's nothing wrong with that." He said in defense, squinting his eyes at me. I shrugged innocently and dipped my finger in the bowl of plain milk. Evan rolled his eyes, "That's so fucking gross, why can't you just-"

"Evan. Language, honey." Lizzie walks in and heads straight to the refrigerator, all dressed for the day. She's working in the real estate field or something like that.

Evan blushes and clears his throat, and I throw my head back in laughter.

"Are you dropping off your sister today or is it me?" Lizzie asked him.

Evan shrugged and looked at her challengingly, as if he were waiting for her to take up the chance first. I know the both of them didn't really want to do it, so I kept my mouth shut and watched them both stare at each other. Dad already left for work, so I know he isn't an option.

Lizzie glanced around and then she bit her lip, "I know how this can be resolved."

Me and Evan offered her a questionable glance as she walked across the kitchen and opened the key box on the wall. She took out a set of keys and tossed them to me. I was busy gulping down my milk from the bowl to even realize what she wanted for me to do. My eyes widened when I sat the bowl back down and stared at the keys.

"Seriously?" I breathed out.

She smiled, "Take the Lexus out today. It's been a while since I drove it and it could use some fresh air."

"You're gonna let me drive to school?" I asked in disbelief.

"Why not?" She shrugged. "You have a driver's license. I'll let you take the car every day but," She put emphasis on the 'but', "You'll have to go straight home after school. No extra stops. It's not that I don't trust you dear, it's just your father would restrict you from doing those things and I would hate to go against his expectations."

"No, no. I totally get it, I understand." I nodded my head eagerly and smiled widely at her, "Thank you so much!"

"A couple of years ago I got it cleaned and waxed and even put a GPS system in it," She listed while taking her out two loaves of bread, "I never went near the car after that ever since Jack got me that BMW. The Lexus is all yours now."

"Thank you so much, Liz!" I got up out of my seat, ran to her, and gave her a big squeeze. "You're the coolest! My mom would've never let me drive! Let alone give me my own car!"

"Speaking of mom, you have to call her today. I bet she misses you like crazy." Evan interrupted my little moment with Lizzie and I nodded at him.

"Can I leave now?" I asked her, a huge grin on my face.