Chapter 38

SPECIAL CHAPTER: SHOCK AND BETRAYAL.

What's happening with Ellie and Talen????

*                  *                  *

Ace's POV

I tossed and turned in the bed, trying to find a comfortable spot. I was nearly sweating, it was hot as hell in the room. I can't think, I can't find a cool area. I feel confined. I was unintentionally pulling an all nighter. But I don't think it's the heat. I don't think that's it at all.

Stay away from us Ace! You are bad news!

I shut my eyes tightly, growling and turning back on the other side again.

She looked up at him and giggled, loving the way his hands held her securely in his arms.

"Dammit," I barked in anger, sitting up. I looked down at the figure laying in bed beside me, "Rosaline, do you ever fucking use the air cooling system in this damn house?"

"Mmm?" She moaned in her sleep, turning the other way. I rolled my eyes.

I nearly fell out of bed, catching myself on my feet. I looked over at my shirt on the floor by her lamp post, and my jeans by her laptop desk. I sighed and pressed my hand on the back of my neck. I trudged out of the room in just my boxers, going down the stairs. I went through the foyer and found the air conditioner control buttons. I set it to 'on' for the second and third floors. It's actually cooler down here. Hmm.

I went into her kitchen and went through her refrigerator, seeing if I can find something to drink.

When I grabbed a carton of juice, I turned around and Rosaline was standing there in her expensive satin night gown. One of the benefits of being 'the rich daddy's girl'. I stared at her, reaching for a random glass sitting on the island. She stood leaning against one of the counters, smiling gently and biting on her lower plump lip.

 I raised an eyebrow in response.

"You sure are making yourself comfortable at my house," Her voiced echoed in the empty huge room. "Touching my air conditioning system, going through my refrigerator for juice." Her light blue eyes went dark when she started speaking again, "Walking around in just boxers, which is quite sexy, I may add. "

I shrugged and ignored her compliment. "I was burning upstairs in your room. And I feel like making myself comfortable because I can."

"As you should," She shrugged, sighing. She watched me gulp down the juice in silence. I placed the glass down back on the counter and wiped my lips. Rosaline stayed leaning against the other counter, a blank look on her face. "Ace, where is this all going?"

"What are you talking about?" I said in a low voice to her, although we were alone in the house. Part of being 'rich daddy's girl' is that your father and mom are gone all the time, traveling all over the country and having business meetings.

But who am I to judge? My parents are pretty well off, and they're gone all the time.

"Our relationship." She didn't hesitate. "I don't want to be friends with benefits. I get a feeling that every time you get into a fight with Ellie, you run here all the time and fuck me. I don't want my heart and body to be available to you just because Ellie's heart and body isn't. I don't want to be put second."

"You're actually calling her by her name this time?" I mused, sitting on a stool at the bar counter.

"Stop changing the subject," She rolled her eyes. She approached me and leaned against the other side of the bar, narrowing her eyes. "I get the feeling that you two got into it again. And that's why you're here."