Chapter 43

*                  *                  *

"Bet you think I'm stupid, don't you?" I quietly asked Talen from across the table.

He stared at me. His mouth slowly grew into a smirk.

I clutched my hands tighter, breathing a little slower. My heart kept skipping beats. It's crazy. I needed someone to be by my side when talking to Talen. I wanted to confront him, get closure and move on with my life. It's Friday and graduation is just tomorrow. No, I didn't bring my mom with me. She's back in Calabasas anyway. I didn't bring my dad, nor my brother, nor Tricia, even though she cried for me when she found out what happened. Gale found out through my mom and decided to come right away. After my graduation. I didn't bring Fallon, or David. No...I bought Ace with me.

He sat beside me, his brown eyes shooting dangerous daggers at Talen. Ace placed his hand on my lower back and rubbed it in circles. He could tell I was tense. Agent Reed wanted me to seek closure. Get everything I wanted to say out. He didn't want Ace with me, but I convinced him to.

But there were cautions. I told Ace not to interfere, not to say a word or hit him. We're still not together, but right now I didn't mind having him as my rock.

"What I want to know is why," My voice echoed in the room.

Talen rolled his eyes, slouching in his seat.

"I actually thought...I loved you, Talen." I told him honestly. "You made me feel so beautiful and unique. You practically worshipped me. I fell for you for that. You were there for me when I felt like no one else was, not even Ace."

Ace shifted in his chair, still rubbing my back.

I looked down at my nails, collecting thoughts. "You...made me laugh so much. Made me realize what I was missing in my life. You made me feel alive, Talen. But I've learned that guys like you, are just way to good to be true."

He still didn't respond.

"What did I do to you, Talen?" I asked him, my heart beating fast. "What did I do or say that made you do this? How could you sleep at night? No, how could you be around me, smiling constantly but knew what the outcome was going to be the entire time?"

"I don't know," He shrugged, still not looking at me. He looked bored.

"You don't know?" I grew angrier. "You don't fucking know? That's your response!"

"It's not my fault you fell for me," He shrugged. "What more do you want? You're getting what you fucking want. I'm going to some damn facility. I won't be in your life anymore."

"I want answers!" Tears streamed down my face. "How could you do that?" I nearly choked.

"I'm not giving you any answers or damn explanations," He growled. "I don't explain shit to anybody. More of the reason is because I don't have any reasons. I just do what I do."

"You don't regret anything you've fucking done?" Ace sneered at him in pure fury.

"Don't," I told him. Ace fell back in his chair, his jaw clenched. He rolled his eyes.

Talen glanced at him. He smirked again. "The only thing I fucking regret is not deleting those damn text messages. You would've never known. I picked the wrong girl to fuck that night. Because her nosy ass went through my phone and found the messages and the video."

"Don't talk about Mila like that," I fired at him. "She helped me. She did what was right!"

"Whatever," He rolled his eyes again.