Marks

Throughout the times that Izaya had gotten hurt, Shizuo had felt the need to keep the raven inside, and away from any threats.

Although, he wouldn't ever force him to stay. He didn't want Izaya to feel as though Shizuo was trying to control him or something.

So right now, the two of them were heading to Russia Sushi. It was nearly dark, since they wanted to minimize the chances of being seen by the enemy.

"Shizuo and Izaya! Welcome! Welcome!" The two were welcomed by the happy Russian.

It was easy to guess why he was so happy. After all, he didn't have to worry about the two destroying his restaurant. Simon was all about peace. So to see the two people in all of Ikebukuro, the two that hated each other more than anything else, to now be so close...

No matter how many times he saw it, it was still basically a miracle.

"Hey Simon." Shizuo said, raising his hand in a partial wave.

"Hey." Izaya also said, giving a little nod in acknowledgement.

The two sat down at a table, and when Simon came over, they ordered their food.

"I just want some milk, that's all." Shizuo said calmly.

"And some fatty tuna for me!" Izaya said in his bubbly happy way while throwing his arms up dramatically.

While Simon went back to tell Denis what they have ordered, Shizuo and Izaya simply talked to each other until they saw a few more familiar faces show up.

"Hey, what's up guys?" Kadota said, greeting the duo.

The brunette man was there with his friends. One of which had immediately started freaking out when she saw the raven and the blonde together.

"Nothin' much." Shizuo responded.

"Where have you two been?" Kadota asked curiously.

Both Shizuo and Izaya have been extremely hesitant on going outside, at least until this mess was all over. The few times that they had left Izaya's apartment, they did their best to stay out of the public's eye and out of Kana's radar. If they needed something, then they would just make do without, or on a few occasions where it was important, they would ask Celty for help.

But other people didn't need to know that, not even their friends. They both knew that Kadota and the others had good hearts. They knew that if they told them about their situation, they would want to help.

They also knew that Kadota and the others could get hurt because of that.

"Eh, around." Izaya answered cryptically.

Shizuo kept quiet, wanting to tell his friend everything, but not wanting to put him in danger either.

"Hey Iza-Iza, what is that?" Erika was right next to them now, pointing towards Izaya's face.

"Huh?" Izaya got out, confused, surprised, and a little offended.

"Your lips! What happened?" Erika said, her voice lace with confusion and concern.

Both Shizuo and Izaya froze.

There were several little marks lining the raven's face.

Marks that Izaya didn't want to explain. They were hard to see, and only barely visible, but they were there.

The marks from when Izaya had his mouth sewn shut.

The memory caused anger to build up in the blonde.

The wounds have been healing well, and in about another week, there would probably not be any marks at all.

And now Izaya was in the hot seat, being questioned about something that Shizuo knew for a fact that the raven would not explain.

But Izaya was caught off guard.

He had completely forgotten about the marks, too excited about finally getting out of his apartment again.

Now he sat there, with everyone facing him, expecting an explanation.

Nope.

Izaya swiftly stood up and walked out the door of the restaurant.

Shizuo stood up quickly, following the raven while sending out an apologetic expression to his confused friends.

**********************************************

The two of them walked in silence.

The quiet was slightly tensed, before Izaya let out a tired sigh.

"That went to hell real quick, didn't it?" Izaya said.

Shizuo frowned a little.

"...Yeah....It kinda did..." He murmured.

"Hmm....What do you want to watch tonight?" Izaya turned around and asked calmly.

Shizuo studied his face for a moment.

He knew exactly what Izaya was doing.

He was acting as though everything was fine.

But the more he looked at the raven, the more he realized that he didn't seem too upset.

He might not have been able to think this earlier, when Izaya's emotions seemed more chaotic at the time, but it seems that once Izaya got out of that situation, he has had the chance to calm down.

He knew that pressing the raven would not help, but do more hurt instead.

So he decided to go along with the raven's idea of changing the subject.

"I don't know, I guess we can just watch a movie or something." Shizuo said, rubbing the back of his neck.

Izaya's eyes widened a bit at Shizuo's decision of not pressing him, before he smiled, relieved.

Yeah, this is okay.

Everything is okay.

**********************************************

I do not own Durarara!! or any images used.