Sleep

By now, it was dark outside, and yet Izaya was still sitting at his computer screen, having not left all day except for when he needed to use the restroom.

"Izaya....you seriously need to sleep." Shizuo said, tiredly. He has been trying all day to get the raven to do something that isn't just staring at the computer.

Hell, at this rate, he'll keel over before the Ovals even get a chance at him.

"No thanks, Shizu-chan, I'm fine." Izaya said, taking a sip of his coffee.

This caused Shizuo to frown.

Liar.

"Listen Izaya, you need sleep. Tomorrow we can go out to these people in person, and try and get information from them or something, but how the hell are you gonna do that if you're gonna be half awake the whole time?" Shizuo asked, trying to make the raven see reason.

At the end of Shizuo's speech, Izaya looked as though he was debating the idea, before he shook his head in a dismissive way.

"Sorry Shizu-chan, no can do." He said, before typing more on the computer.

Shizuo stared at him for a moment, before letting out a sigh.

"I guess I can't change your mind about this then." Shizuo said simply.

This instantly alerted Izaya.

What is he planni-

Izaya let out a surprised yelp when he was suddenly lifted out of his chair.

"Put me down Shizu-chan!" Izaya yelled out indignantly.

"Not gonna happen. You are going to sleep whether you want to or not." Shizuo said, straightforward. He carried the raven all the way to his room before tossing him onto the bed with a certain gentleness.

"There. Sleep." All that the blonde received back was a glare from the informant.

"I don't feel like it." Izaya said simply.

"If you don't sleep, then I will make you sleep." Shizuo said serious.

"Ne, Shizu-chan, have you ever heard of the saying, something of the lines 'you can bring a horse to water, but you can't make it drink'? Besides, what are you going to do, punch me into unconsciousness?" Izaya spoke with a smug look.

The blonde opened and closed his mouth, unsure of how to continue, when he came up with an idea.

"What are you doing?" Izaya asked surprised.

Shizuo had walked over to the bed and laid down while pulling the raven into his arms.

"You'll eventually sleep, just as long as you stay in bed long enough that is. Apparently I'm clingy in my sleep, so....." The blonde trailed off.

After a few moments of thinking, Izaya eventually let out a defeated sigh.

"....Fine fine, if you will stop complaining, then I guess I'll sleep a little. Besides, I suppose I will need my energy for tomorrow in tracking down all the people..." While Izaya was talking, his voice gradually got quieter and quieter to the point where he was just mumbling, making Shizuo smile a little.

Heh, jeez.

Once Izaya eventually stopped talking altogether, and his breathing was slow and evened out due to sleep, Shizuo eventually let himself sleep.

All the while holding the raven close with a small smile on his face.

"Goodnight, Izaya."

**********************************************

I do not own Durarara!! or any images used.