Orange Ovals

Izaya was out for revenge.

And he didn't plan on leaving until he got it.

"What a pleasure it is to see you once again, Mr. Orihara." The man had said.

"Oh, the pleasure is all mine." Izaya had responded with a fake smile.

"Well then, it's high time for us to get to business, hmm?" The man began, only to be surprised at what Izaya said next.

"Oh, but mister attacker, this is no longer simple business anymore." Izaya said, his smile turning into a real one.

A real smile that was sinister and filled with danger.

Even the man was slightly startled at the sudden change in the raven's demeanor, before he got himself under control once more, putting on his own fake smile to cover up the nervousness he felt.

"But before we begin, I would like to know two things is all. What is your real name, and what is the real reason you are so intent on me? I doubt the entire reason is simply because your so called 'love of your life' left you." Izaya stated calmly.

It was quiet for a few moments. Everyone in the warehouse was quiet, waiting to see what happens next. Izaya watched the man's face closely. After all, when your hobby is people watching, you tend to know when someone is being truthful, and when they are not.

Although, Izaya ended up not even needing to see the man's expression to know that what the man said next was a lie.

"Alright, fine. I am the leader of the gang called the 'Dollars', and-"

"Don't give me that bullshit. You are not the leader of the Dollars, I know that for certain. Quit being a fucking coward already, it's annoying." Izaya cut the man off with his sharp tone.

Izaya's patience with the man was wearing thin.

Apparently, Izaya's insult angered the man enough that he didn't care about secrecy anymore.

Which was exactly what Izaya was aiming for to happen.

"Fine then, you piece of shit! Truth is, I don't really have a name! Not anymore. And neither does anyone else in this building, except for you. When we were taken in, our names and our pasts were wiped away. We have no use for names that will only tie us down. We all go by numbers. And right now you are talking to #2. Boss is #1. All in all, we make up the gang known as the 'Orange Ovals'. And as for your second question, I'm 'so intent on you', because Boss wants you. You're right about my wife, I don't really love the bitch, but you made me lose a good fuck, and that pisses me off. So, when Boss decided he wanted to bring you in before you could even try messing with us, I had no problem volunteering." With that, the man finished with a smug smile, only to vanish into an irritated frown when Izaya started to laugh.

"Haha, wow! You are so fucking pathetic! An-and you actually-haha- you actually thought that if you idiots came up with another color gang, that it would make you stronger? Haha!!! How hilarious! Here I was thinking that I was dealing with a major threat! But here you are, a bunch of idiots that are making a gang out of themselves for the sake of attention! Hahahaha!" Izaya was bent over laughing, much to the anger of everyone else in the room.

Out of anger and frustration, one of the men closest to Izaya had swung a pipe at the raven's head, only for Izaya to catch it without even sparing him a glance. The informant had gone oddly quiet immediately at the sudden action. The man who had swung the pipe had let go of the piece of metal, and had begun to back away in fear when he felt the deadly aura that was radiating off the raven. The fact that Izaya's hair was covering his eyes and masking his expression was not lessening that fear.

"I got to say thanks for that laugh you just gave me, but in the end, you are still going to pay for making me push my Shizu-chan away from me."

And so, with a feral smile from Izaya, blood flew.

**********************************************

I do not own Durarara!! or any images used.