Worried

A few days later:

Izaya has yet to wake up, but that was expected since he lost so much blood.

There were a few close calls.

Shizuo heart froze each time the raven's stopped.

Each time the heart monitor showed that he flatlined.

Four times.

Four times that Izaya's heart ceased beating.

Four times that Shizuo thought he would never hear the raven speak again.

Four times that Shizuo thought of how Izaya wouldn't ever laugh again.

There are so many 'nevers' aren't there?

Luckily, each time the informant's heart stopped, Shinra was able to get it started again.

Shizuo could only watch and hope, helpless and unable to do anything.

**********************************************

"Hey, Shizu-chan." Came a weak voice, causing Shizuo to choke on his spit in surprise. Each day he has been sticking around Izaya like glue, even when he would eat, it was always right next to the raven. He simply went to the bathroom now, when he came back, he turned to shut the door when he heard the raven's voice.

Shizuo whirled around, hoping he wasn't imagining the sound.

And there Izaya was, looking like shit, but awake.

Shizuo let out a grin as he walked up to the raven.

"So, you are finally awake, huh? Took your damn time." Shizuo said.

Izaya let out a small smile, before changing into one that was expressionless.

"So, Shizu-chan, what brings you here? Is it to laugh at me and tell me how I finally got what I deserved? Or maybe you are here to finish what the other guys started?" Izaya asked with no emotion.

...

It was quiet.

...

And the  Shizuo spoke up.

"Look....I don't know what all you know about what happened, but you got the completely wrong idea. I'm not gonna attack you or something, okay? I was the one that brought you to Shinra after I found you on my doorstep. Ever since you went missing, everyone was out there trying to find you. I was out there looking for you too....I've been really worried that you wouldn't wake up.....You lost so much blood and needed some of mine.....Your heart stopped four times..." Shizuo let out the rant, hoping he got his point across.

"You were worried.....about me?" The raven wheezed out.

Shizuo let out a sigh.

"Yeah, yeah I was. I wouldn't have gone out looking for you or gave you more blood if I didn't." Shizuo said, with a soft smile.

"Thanks......Shizuo." Izaya said, smiling back, before his eyes started to close once more. Which in turn, caused Shizuo to panic before realizing that the informant was just sleeping again.

"Heh. Dammit Izaya, you're gonna be the death of me."

**********************************************

I do not own Durarara!! or any images used.