Happy

One week later:

The past week has been uneventful. Once Izaya was rested, they both decided that living at Shizuo's house would be the best idea. Although, they did make a quick stop by the raven's apartment to gather necessities.

As of right now, it was around midnight and both men were bored out of their minds when they decided to watch a movie. When looking through the blonde's movies, Izaya couldn't help but laugh loudly when he came across a few romance chick flicks, much to Shizuo's embarrassment.

"Shut the hell up! Those are good fucking movies!" Shizuo yelled out with red cheeks from the kitchen, where he was currently making popcorn.

"Haha, oh I'm sure they are." Izaya laughed out.

"Shuddup!!" Shizuo's demand was to only be met with more laughter.

In the end, they both agreed to watch a horror movie. At the moment they were at a scene where the atmosphere for the main character was tense and quiet. They were searching around a seemingly deserted house. It was quite clear that a jumpscare was sure to happen. Shizuo glanced to his left to see that Izaya's eyes were trained on the TV. The raven had the popcorn bowl in his lap after Shizuo said he was done with it, and had been eating from it almost robotically while he was watching.

But now that the tone and mood of the movie had gone tense, while his eyes were still stuck on the movie, his hand was just resting in the bowl.

Shizuo has never seen Izaya so absorbed in something. It wasn't that the raven looked scared, like some people are when watching horror movies, but he just looked so intensely focused on what was happening.

Heh. I don't think he realizes it either.

Shizuo then grinned when an idea suddenly popped into his head.

The blonde waited right until the moment the jumpscare happened, before grabbing the raven's sides and let out a short, but loud yell.

The action was immediately effective.

Izaya gave out a loud yelp before falling to the floor, throwing popcorn everywhere.

It was silent, but only for a moment before Shizuo burst out laughing while pointing at the fallen informant.

Izaya was mortified.

No.

He was beyond mortified.

The next few seconds was spent with Izaya on the floor, ashamed of how he reacted, and Shizuo pointing at him and laughing so hard that he couldn't even talk.

Izaya quickly grew tired of the blonde's wheezing and got up, grabbed a pillow from the couch, jumped onto the blonde, and then slammed it into Shizuo's face, trying to cover the laughter that was spilling out of the blonde's body.

It didn't work.

"Shut up already! It wasn't even that fucking funny!!" Izaya's words only fell on death ears. The raven was about to yell out something else, but Shizuo never gave him the chance.

Shizuo suddenly grabbed onto Izaya's arms and switched their places so that now, Shizuo was on top and Izaya was on bottom, leaving the pillow to fall harmlessly to the floor. They laid like that, both panting. One panting from laughing so much before, and the other from trying to suffocate someone with a pillow.

Shizuo finally looked into the other's eyes. The blonde couldn't hide the look of joy on his face.

I feel so happy. When was the last time I ever felt this happy before? When was the last time I ever laughed that much before? I can't remember. And it was caused by Izaya of all people too.

With that, Shizuo looked down at the raven, and decided that he would chance it and see how it went.

It was a make it or break it deal, and he knew that.

Izaya's eyes opened as wide as they could when Shizuo suddenly leaned down and kissed him.

**********************************************

I do not own Durarara!! or any images used.