By force

It was about a week later when the duo went to Shinra's house for a checkup on the raven. Izaya kept saying how he was fine and that he could take off the sling for his arm now, without having to go to Shinra's, but Shizuo wasn't having any of that.

"I think I would know if my body was healthy or not, Shizu-chan."

"I don't care care flea, we are going to Shinra's to make sure that it's okay to take it off before you actually do it. It would be pretty damn stupid if you go messing with it and end up making it all worse."

Before Izaya could open his mouth to let out another protest, Shizuo had scooped him up to where he was basically carrying him bridal style.

"What the fuck are you doing, Shizu-chan?!"

"Oh, shut up! Since you were so damn persistent about not going, what other choice did I have besides taking you by force?"

"That doesn't mean you have to carry me like a damsel in distress!"

"I do if you are gonna constantly act like one!"

The two continued to argue and bicker until Izaya finally gave up.

That is, he only gave up when Shizuo finally relented some and started to take the alleyways while carrying the raven instead of walking out in more of the public's view.

Izaya was seeming to sulk, which Shizuo caught on and decided to try and fix a little bit.

"You should accept a friend's help, when it is within reason, that is. No one really likes it when they offer to go out of their way to help someone, only to be yelled at and rejected."

Shizuo has been giving tips to the flea to be less of an asshole, but Shizuo tried to do so as little as possible. It's not that he didn't want the flea to be nicer to others. He just didn't feel comfortable being put in this position. He didn't like the idea of trying to shape someone elses personality.

The raven stopped complaining, which shot a pang of guilt through Shizuo.

Dammit.

**********************************************

I do not own Durarara!! or any images used.