Humanity

"I'm so sorry, Heiwajima Shizuo."

...

Cue the confused silence.

"...What are you-"

"For everything. I am apologising for everything. From sending gangs after you, for spreading rumors about you, for framing you, for getting you fired from your jobs, from-" Izaya was cut off by a frantic Shizuo.

"Oi, oi, calm down. I don't really know what is going on with you right now. I have waited for a long time for you to actually realise that you've fucked up in life but this just doesn't feel right."

Izaya didn't respond to what Shizuo said.

He just kept quiet while the blonde started to ramble.

"Look. Yes, you have messed up. Royally fucked up more like. You have ruined lives of others, but not completely in the way I said earlier. I said how you would trick girls into committing suicide. Well, once I ran into one of the girls and that you have tricked. At first I was pissed at you, until she told me how she didn't want to die anymore, and the headless rider had saved her. I talked to Celty about it, and she said how she believes that you only try to get them to jump when she is nearby to catch them, right? That, and the fact that in the end, the girls didn't want to die anymore, right? So if that's the reason you are freaking out righ-"

"That's not why." Izaya finally interrupted the blonde, making the blonde even more confused.

"It's....not?" Shizuo asked, head slightly tilted to the side.

"It's not the reason at all, not really." Izaya answered, having not moved from his spot on the floor.

"Hey, Shizuo, have you ever heard of a show called Scooby Doo?" Izaya asked suddenly, lifting his head to look at Shizuo. Shizuo tensed when he saw the dead look in the raven's eyes.

"No, I haven't. What does that have to do with this?"

"It was a tv show that aired in America many times. Nearly every show involved a monster of some kind. They were monsters that would terrorize the civilians. A group of people would go out and search for them, and try to solve the issue like it was some kind of puzzle or another." Izaya continued on, as if he didn't hear the blonde.

"....Why does any of that matter right now, Izaya?" Shizuo questioned quietly, wondering what he was missing.

"Because, Shizuo, they were never really monsters in the end. Once the others would solve the case, they would usually rip off the face of the monster, to reveal a human being. Before I found it hilarious to see the others so easily tricked, but then I realized."

"The vile, vicious monsters that were terrorizing everybody, were humans all along. If that doesn't say something about humanity, then I don't know what does."

**********************************************

I do not own Durarara!! or any images used.

I also don't own Scooby Doo.