Stay this way

The rest of the night was awkward to say the least.

Shizuo didn't regret what he said, at all, but he felt like he should have said it in a way that...that what?

Shizuo didn't even know.

He just wished that the air wasn't so tense.

Neither of them spoke much for hours.

They both tried, but any conversations they had, fizzled out into quietness after only a few words were exchanged.

Until Izaya decided to indulge the blonde with a certain bit of information.

"YOU WHAT?!?!"

Izaya frowned slightly in annoyance at the loud tone being used towards him.

"...I found out where the real Kana Osamu is."

Shizuo just sat there in disbelief, mouth hung open, and with his hands making various gestures, to try and display just how confused he was at the fact that Izaya was only just now saying this.

"Why the hell are we not going to wherever this bastard is right now?!?!" Shizuo stood up, ready to march out right then and there.

"Shizu-chan. Sit down." The raven said with a sigh.

"But we-" Shizuo started.

But Izaya didn't let him finish.

"Sit. Down." The informant got out, more sternly.

Shizuo sat down.

"Listen. This will have to be planned. He is smart, so just barging in won't work. Not at all. I have about three weeks to come up with a plan before he will be relocating. That is a plenty amount of time for me." Izaya said, completely sure.

Shizuo looked at him, before giving his own sigh and relaxing.

"Alright, I trust you. And I believe in you when you say that you got this." Shizuo said calmly with a small smile.

This did not help calm Izaya's fast-beating heart.

"...Yeah, alright." Izaya said quietly, avoiding eye contact.

Shizuo tilted his head in confusion.

What's up with him?

Now it was back to silence.

"We should probably go to sleep now." Shizuo said after looking at the clock, seeing that it was close to midnight.

"Alright." Izaya said, without a fight.

Shizuo crawled into his bed, his mind now full with different thoughts.

He probably doesn't want to sleep in the same bed as me after my little confession.

The past few nights, the raven had slept in the same bed as Shizuo, usually in the blonde's arms, welcoming his warmth.

But right now, Shizuo was sure that it wasn't going to be like that tonight.

At all.

Shizuo was under his blankets now, a little sad at the current circumstances, but had absolutely no intention of trying to make the raven share a bed with him or something.

So he was quite surprised when he felt the mattress shift behind him.

He glanced over his shoulder, looking at the raven that was currently climbing into the same bed as him.

"Um...Are you sure you want to-"

"Of course I'm sure." Izaya said quickly to Shizuo's unfinished question.

Shizuo simply blinked, surprised, before giving a warm smile.

I wouldn't mind in the slightest if it could just stay this way forever.

**********************************************

I do not own Durarara!! or any images used.