Peaceful

It was about two hours later that Izaya had to call it quits for the time being.

I got nothing.

...How come I wasn't able to find any information on that bastard?!

Even through all that searching, Izaya was only able to find out where the place he was brought to was. It was an underground shelter that was right on the edge of Ikebukuro. When Izaya found this out, he thought that he could track down his attacker using that information.

Although, he ended up not gaining even a smidge of information on the man.

And that pissed the info broker off to no end.

Izaya took a deep breath and let it out, all the while pinching the bridge of his nose. He looked up and with a small smile, he walked up to one of his windows and stared out over the city that he loved so much.

Izaya turned and was surprised when he saw Shizuo completely passed out on his couch.

...That's got to be extremely uncomfortable. The raven thought with a wince. There has been times when he went overboard on his work, and never make it to his room before passing out on his couch. He knew that the blonde would feel like hell and be hurting all over when he would wake up.

He thought about trying to carry the debt collector to the bed, but knew that he wouldn't make it far what with him being not in his best shape.

"Shizu-chan...wake up." The raven said, shaking the blonde's shoulder. At first he was trying to be gentle with waking the other, but gave up when Shizuo just continued to sleep.

It took the raven literally jumping onto the other's back for him to wake up.

"Huh...Wha....?" Shizuo started, only to end in  a yawn while throwing a bleary and tired look at Izaya.

"Trust me, you don't want to sleep all night out on the couch." Izaya said quickly, trying to not give the blonde the chance to fall asleep again.

"Mhmm" Shizuo made out a noise of acknowledgement, before dragging himself up and off of the couch.

He stood there and stumbled his way to the bedroom, with a very nervous raven that reached out every time the blonde tripped and nearly fell.

Eventually, they made it to the bed, with Shizuo half leaning on the info broker for support. They both flopped down onto the bed, with Shizuo on his back, and Izaya face down on the mattress next to the blonde. It took a bit more moving around before the raven was able to get both of them comfortably under the blankets. Although, Izaya became very indecisive when the debt collector grabbed him from behind and began to spoon him.

Izaya was terrified of history repeating itself, of him to wake up just to find out that he was alone once again.

But he couldn't bring himself to try and do anything about it at the moment.

He has never felt this peaceful, this content, before in his life.

Izaya gained a smile onto his face, and it was not one that was filled with secrets, nor one filled with lies used to manipulate others.

Izaya fell asleep with a true smile on his face, and it was because Shizuo was there, holding him.

Who knew, huh?

**********************************************

I do not own Durarara!! or any images used.