What Is That Flea Planning?

Shizuo was beyond paranoid at this point. He was used to everywhere he turned, there would be a flea with an annoying as hell smirk there to taunt him.

So where has that louse been this past week?

Damn him. Did he do something even more fucked up then usual, and now he was hiding or something? That bastard, even when he isn't around, he still manages to piss me off.

The blonde continued his walk home, annoyed with himself for even having the flea on his mind at all, when something very familiar caught his eye.

He could recognize that fur-trimmed coat anywhere.

Before he even realized it, he had a street sign in his hands and was running towards the informant.

"IIIZZAAYYYAAAA!!!"

He saw the raven turn his head around, eyes slightly widening, before he dashed off, away from the blonde.

This was normal. However, what was not normal was the fact of how Izaya moved. He didn't seem to be dodging all over the place, only when necessary to avoid being impaled from a street sign. Even then, each time he dodged a sign, he didn't dodge it with a lot of space between him and the flying piece of metal. And last but not least, he didn't seem anywhere near as fast as he normally did, but was still able to keep ahead of the blonde.

In the end, Izaya's arrogance was his downfall that night. If he hadn't have felt the need to turn around with a taut and a smirk, even while hiding the fact that he was out of breath from his sickness, he wouldn't have tripped over a simple trash bag. He wouldn't have his ribs broken. And above all, he wouldn't have to see that victorious look on the blonde's face while he stood over him, ready to end his life.

"Finally caught you, flea."

That was the last thing Izaya Orihara heard before everything went to black.

**********************************************
I do not own Durarara!! or any images used.