To be sure

Izaya woke to the sound of his door opening and closing. He became instantly alert, having no intention of being caught again. Although, he relaxed again when he saw that it was just Shizuo.

Heh, the irony of that.

When was it that I first felt safe around him? Then again, I've never actually been afraid of Shizu-chan.

If I was afraid, then I wouldn't have sought him out everyday.

"Are you trying to blow my head up or  something?" Shizuo asked suddenly, much to the confusion to the other.

"Huh?" Izaya asked, tilting his head.

"Ever since I walked in, you've just been staring at me."

"...Oh" Izaya faced forwards on the couch again, breaking eye contact with the blonde. "It's nothing, just thinking about something ironic. That's all." Izaya stated.

"What was ironic?" Shizuo asked, curious.

"Ah ah ah, I'm not telling!" Izaya said with a smile to the blonde, crossing his index fingers into an 'x'.

"...Whatever. It's time to eat." Shizuo said, putting the food down in front of the raven.

**********************************************

After Izaya was done eating, Shizuo had cleaned up the mess.

Much to the suspicion of the informant.

"Why are you acting like this?" Izaya finally asked as the blonde was making his way back into the living room where the raven was at. He had just gotten done with throwing the trash away.

"Acting like what?" Shizuo asked.

"Acting like I'm going to fall apart if I stand up or something." Izaya's irritation was making him blunt with his words.

"It's not that I think that you're gonna fall apart or something.....it's just that....well...."

"Well what?" Izaya asked, patience at it's thinnest.

"...I'm just tired of seeing you hurt, I guess."

.....What?

But.....Why is that?

"...You can't say that I don't like you like that while being completely certain, can you?"

He said that.

"Listen....Shizu-chan, I'm fine. Like I said, I just got a few scratches here and there, along with a bruise on my leg. That's all." Izaya said, earnestly.

Shizuo only stared.

The blonde walked over and sat down next to the raven. He then brought his hand up and put it on the other's neck, causing Izaya to tense.

What is he doing?

Izaya calmed down after he realized that Shizuo wasn't putting any pressure onto his neck, but simply resting his hand there.

"......Shizu-chan?"

"Your neck is bruised." Shizuo stated.

Oh.....that.

Izaya easily remembers when one of the Orange Ovals had caught him by his neck. Izaya was able to quickly disable the man, but it didn't undo the damaged done to him.

Izaya let out a sigh.

"Shizu-chan, I'm fine, really. So you can stop now." Izaya didn't know how to react to this kind of attention.

Shizuo just stared at his neck.

Izaya grit his teeth in frustration.

"Dammit Shizu-chan! Look at me! Do you honestly think that something like this could bring me down?! I used to piss you off daily and I'm fine! A few scratches and bruises does nothing to me, so stop fucking babying me!" Izaya snapped.

The raven could tell that this had finally gotten through to the blonde.

"You're right.....sorry." Shizuo admitted. Putting his hand back down.

"....It's fine, but I am curious. Why are you so concerned?" Izaya asked.

"...You can't say that I don't like you like that while being completely certain, can you?"

He wanted to know.

He wanted to be sure.

"....I don't know." Shizuo said, looking away.

Like hell I'll be satisfied with that!

Next thing that Shizuo knew, Izaya had already climbed on top of him. Shizuo was sitting on the couch, with the raven on top of him with both his legs straddling the blonde, and his arms on the couch, each one next to the blonde's head, caging him in.

"...You can't say that I don't like you like that while being completely certain, can you?"

"What did you mean?" Izaya demanded, right in Shizuo's face.

Shizuo was confused by the raven's determination.

"You're making it seem like you don't hate me anymore. And with everything that's happened....I don't understand.....just where do we stand?"

No answer was given.

"Dammit, Shizu-chan! Say someth-" Izaya was cut off by the blonde's mouth being pressed against his own.

The two were both frozen.

Izaya, because he was shocked at what was happening.

And Shizuo, because he was waiting to see how the raven would respond.

He.....Shizu-chan is kissing me again.

...I'm not even going to let myself think about why for once...

Right now, I'm just going to let my body do what it wants.

**********************************************

I do not own Durarara!! or any images used.