Rest

The two had gone back to Shinra's so that the underground doctor could finally patch Izaya up. Although, while he was doing so, the raven had fallen asleep from exhaustion.

In the end, Shizuo had to carry the raven back to Izaya's apartment.

In Shizuo's eyes, the threat was gone. He didn't know the Orange Oval's leader was still out there.

He began to worry though.

Izaya wasn't waking up.

The only thing that had calmed the blonde down was when he called Shinra for help, and was told that this was normal. He was told how it's actually a good thing that Izaya was still asleep, because this meant that he was getting a lot of much needed rest.

Throughout all the time that Izaya was unconscious, Shizuo never left his side.

He waited there for him.

Waiting for him to wake up.

**********************************************

Darkness.

That was what Izaya had woken up to.

He blinked a few times before his eyes had adjusted and he realized that there was a slight glow from his right. He trailed his eyes over to see a familiar sight.

There was an often amount of nights that he would wake up, and just watch out his bedroom window, showing a beautiful view of the city he adored so much.

The lit up city at night was something to behold.

Izaya let out a contented sigh.

So....I'm back at my place....

The raven's mind went to all the things that have happened since he was last here.

Did that all really happen?

Izaya went to sit up, only to gasp in slight pain before laying back down.

Yep.....that definitely happened alright.

He looked to his right at the clock to see that it was 2:36 in the morning.

So.....I got about, what, an hour and a half of sleep, or something like that?

The informant let out a sigh before attempting to pull up his covers some.

Key word: attempt.

When the blanket didn't move, he glanced down at the end of his bed in tired frustration, only to freeze when he saw the sleeping blonde.

....Hmm.

The blonde was sitting on a chair that was scooted up next to the bed, while he was slumped over and laying his head on his crossed arms.

Izaya couldn't help but let out a little laugh.

Never would I have thought that Shizu-chan would ever let his guard down around me like this.

It seems that the quiet noise of amusement that Izaya made, was somehow enough to rouse Shizuo into being awake.

Honey colored eyes met red ones.

**********************************************

I do not own Durarara!! or any images used.