Until Now

Izaya didn't know what hit him. Oh wait, yes he did.

It was a fucking sign that hit him.

When Izaya tripped over the trash bag during the chase, he immediately moved to get back up and running. But Shizuo never gave him the chance to do so.

Before he even hit the wall of the alleyway, Izaya already knew that several of his ribs were broken. Due to his job being as dangerous as it is, he has had plenty of trouble throughout the years, and because of that, he knew exactly what a broken rib felt like. Or several, in cases like this. Although, he was always able to get away from the people who would pose as a threat to him. But then again,

Shizuo wasn't like most people.

Yeah, they have had plenty of chases. And not once has the fortissimo of Ikebukuro ever caught the info broker.

Until now.

All because Izaya couldn't keep an eye on his health.

The raven has always been careful about going out when he was sick. Growing up, Izaya always seemed to be more weaker compared to other kids his age when under the weather. While going through life, even now, the situation still seems to be the same. Although, him not eating as much as he should definitely does not help.

The only reason he left his apartment today was because he was out of medicine. Even though his period of sickness was almost over, he didn't want to risk his condition getting worse. Namie wouldn't be able to get him medicine since she was out of town, doing something for that precious brother of hers.

Izaya left for a store in hopes of avoiding any of his enemies while he was out of commission like this. A blonde bodyguard in a bartenders outfit was at the top of his list of people to avoid today.

And yet here he was, leaning on a wall in an alley, arm pressed to his broken ribs, smirking all the while at a very pissed off blonde holding another bent street sign in his hands.

**********************************************
I do not own Durarara!! or any images used.