Don't say it

Previously:

"I love you too, flea."

"....Eh.....What...?" Izaya asked, feeling numb.

"I said that I love you." Shizuo repeated.

Izaya's head felt dizzy.

Shizuo watched as Izaya sat there, staring at the blonde, with his mouth open with shock.

"...I...." Izaya got out, before standing with the full intention of leaving.

Too bad for him that Shizuo didn't let him.

Izaya looked back into honey brown eyes as the blonde's hand wrapped around the raven's wrist.

Before the blonde could speak though, Izaya was already talking.

"Shut up...don't....don't say something...like that." Izaya stated, loudly at first, but quiet at the end.

"Look...You don't have to say that you love me back or something....but don't just run away....Please." Shizuo said.

Izaya slowly and uncertainly sat down, unsure of everything at the moment.

I don't get it....I shouldn't be so skittish like this... Izaya thought.

....We had sex....but that doesn't automatically mean that it's love because of that...but knowing Shizu-chan...he...

...He wouldn't say something like that, especially to me, unless he was sure of it.

Izaya glanced out of the corner of his eye at the blonde, who looked tense but kept his eyes on the table in front of him, as if it held all the answers to his questions.

The raven had plenty of questions himself, but for once, he had no idea how to ask them.

For as long as he could remember, he was best at his use of how he used his words, and how he could make other people feel or react with those words.

But this was nothing like that.

Not at all.

This wasn't the first time someone has said the words 'I love you' to him. There has been girls whose feelings he has made to be played with.

When those girls would confess their 'undying love' for him, he would just see it as a game to be played. They only saw him as a pretty face, and wanted to push their expectations on him. For those girls knew nothing about the raven.

They didn't know that he was dangerous.

They didn't know that he only viewed them as pawns to be played with.

They didn't know his personality.

They didn't know him.

And then there was Shizu-chan.

He knew.

He knew Izaya, in his own way, better than anyone else.

He knew that Izaya was dangerous.

He knew that Izaya thought of everyone as pawns to be played with.

He knew just how shitty his real personality could be.

And yet....With all the shit I've pulled on him....He can sit there and say 'I love you'.

But that wasn't all.

All those times he was 'confessed' to before, he felt nothing.

So why is my heart beating so fast now?

**********************************************

I do not own Durarara!! or any images used.