Questioned

Previously:

All he could do was bury his face in his hands while he fell apart.

Izaya felt like his mind was in a whirlwind.

How....how did this happen....?

Why did this have to-

"Pffft-hahahahaha!"

Izaya's head shot up at the sudden sound.

Shinra was doubled over laughing. He was laughing do hard that his legs failed him, sending him to the floor, much like Izaya's had.

Izaya could only stare in confusion.

.......What?

"Y-you-hehe-you actually-haha-you actually believed me."

"What....are you talking about?" Izaya asked the doctor in confusion and bewilderment.

"Oh Shizuo is fine, he's not dead or even all that hurt. The bullet had passed through, and the drugs has already passed through his system and had gone away by now." Shinra said, with a breathy chuckle.

.....Wait....

WHAT?!?!

Shinra didn't have another chance to do or say anything else before he had an angry, no, a downright pissed raven-haired man grabbed him by his lab coat and pinning him to the wall.

Celty jumped up, startled by the raven's sudden action, but she decided to let him do as he pleased, within reason of course, because she knew that Shinra went too far with this little joke of his.

"What....Why the fuck would you do something like that?!"

Shinra didn't look intimidated even in the slightest.

"It was because I had to make sure. And I feel like I was right, especially with how you reacted to hearing that Shizuo was dead." Shinra answered, putting his hands up in surrender.

"What the hell are you talking about? You had to make sure of what?!" Izaya was confused and still pissed.

"Tell me, Izaya, why were you so upset when you were told that Shizuo was dead? If I didn't know better, I would say you were in love with him or something."

...

Silence.

"Well?"

...

No answer.

"The fact that you went quiet so suddenly seems to have answered my ques-"

"So what?" Izaya had cut the other off before he could finish. He was still holding Shinra against the wall, but he wasn't looking at him anymore. His eyes were pointed to the floor, and his bangs were covering his face, masking his expression.

"Hm?" Shinra made a noise of question with a smile still stuck to his face.

"I said, So. Fucking. What? Yeah, Shizu-chan is special to me, and I'll even can say that I like him in more than just a friendly way, but so fucking what?! I don't see how any of that concerns you! And don't you dare fucking tell him Shinra, trust me, you would regret it."

All through Izaya's rant, the brunette's smile has only gotten bigger and bigger.

"Don't worry Izaya, I won't tell him-"

Izaya let out an internal sigh of relief.

"-after all, you just did it yourself, now didn't you?"

The raven frowned in confusion, before he heard someone clearing their throat, somewhere off to the side of him.

When he looked over, his heart filled with dread.

Shizuo stood there with a sheepish expression.

Five minutes ago:

"You want to do what?" Shizuo asked, bewildered.

"I'm gonna tell him that you died, and I need you to keep quiet for a few minutes so he doesn't know that I'm lying to you. Don't worry, I'm gonna let him know that you are alive right after, but he won't know that you are awake. I need you to listen in." Shinra whispered with a smile.

Shizuo frowned.

"I don't like this. I don't see what this is supposed to do. Or are you just doing this shit for fun?"

"Don't worry Shizuo, I'm doing this for a reason besides just pulling a prank. Just make sure you listen in to everything."

Present:

The room was quiet and tense.

All eyes were set on the two men, waiting to see what would happen next.

Shizuo took a step forward.....

"Izay-"

.....but the raven never gave him a chance.

All at once, Izaya let go of the underground doctor, and ran out the door.

**********************************************

I do not own Durarara!! or any images used.