Hope

1 month later:

Shizuo was beginning to give up hope of ever seeing the flea again.

He knew what had to have happened.

The guy that attacked him before must've done it again.

That was why I was supposed to be the flea's bodyguard since the beginning, wasn't it?

I've looked everywhere though. I don't know where he is, dammit!

And the worst part, is that a lot of this is my fault. A bigger part of it is the flea's fault for getting into this mess to begin with, but I was the one supposed to be guarding him.

...He called me before. Was that when he was getting kidnapped? Was he trying to call for my help, only for me to not pick up?

When Izaya had called Shizuo that day, Shizuo had ignored it. He wanted to get all his thoughts into order before talking to the raven.

He tried calling back when he couldn't find him the next day, but no one answered.

Not too long later, he realized what must have happened to Izaya.

As of right now he was walking to his apartment, around 10 P.M, after doing his rounds of looking for the informant and asking around. He has asked all of his friends if they had any idea of where he could be, but no one knew. Luckily, Celty has decided to help and would drive around, looking when she could.

Sigh.

The debt collector was tired. He was exhausted from doing work with Tom, and going out late at night looking for the flea.

No luck today, again.

......What if I don't ever find him?

.....What if......

.....What if he's already dead?

The thought caused a flood of dread and fear to course through Shizuo's heart

Ha! I have never felt fear when it came to the flea, but now I'm terrified of so many things that pop in my head when comes to him and he's not even fucking here!

Dammit.

Shizuo was in a bad mood on his way home. He finally came into view of his house, and his mood lightened up slightly at the thought of sleep, only for it to extremely sour when he saw a slumped figure sitting against his door. He almost didn't see the person until he was only a yard or two away because of how dark it was.

Are you fucking kidding me right now?!?!?! I don't have the fucking energy to deal with assholes trying to mess with me right now!!!!

As the blonde got closer to the figure, he slowed down when the stranger didn't budge an inch.

...Is he asleep or somethin'?

When Shizuo was standing there a foot away, he picked up the figure by their shirt, which actually turned out to be a coat of some kind, and got ready to throw them to the other side of the street.

But he froze.

...

...This coat....

Shizuo could recognize this coat no matter what, after all, he's yanked around a person by said coat countless times.

Shizuo felt no more anger, no more exhaustion.

Only hope.

He set the figure, who still hasn't moved, back down onto the ground as gently as he possibly could.

With a slightly shaky hand, he reached out to pull the hood down to reveal the face. He felt immense relief when he saw a face belonging to the one and only Izaya Orihara.

However, that relief was instantly washed away by worry.

Izaya was covered head to toe in blood.

**********************************************

I do not own Durarara!! or any images used.