The envelope

The entire trip to the grocery store was spent in uncomfortable silence.

As of right now, they were in the aisle that had chips, when a passerby bumped into Izaya, who was standing behind Shizuo while the blonde was looking for his favorite chips. At first, the raven thought that the passerby was simply clumsy.

That was, until the stranger's hand went into Izaya's coat pocket.

Izaya was about to cut the stranger's hand with his switchblade, but never got the chance before the hand was gone and the stranger was lost in the crowd.

No ordinary citizen is that quick!

Izaya put his hands in his pockets with a calm expression on his face, and felt an envelope that was not there before.

......Is it a warning?

A hand was suddenly waving in the informant's face.

"Oi, flea! I've been trying to ask you what kind of chips do you want. What is going on with you?" Izaya was startled by the blonde.

"Nothing, it doesn't matter. And I don't want any chips. Can we go now?" Izaya replied quietly.

Shizuo was confused by the difference in Izaya, but decided to not push the raven into answering.

At least, not yet.

**********************************************

When they made their way back to Shizuo's apartment, Izaya went straight to the bathroom without saying a word to the other. The raven locked the door and took out the envelope, opening it hastily, and looked at what was inside.

There were two pages with words, along with what seemed to be several photos.

Izaya read one of the pages, but was left with confusion and dread. It was a page on information about a new drug that was going around on the streets. The drug wasn't too popular because it had such a high death rate. If you took any if the drug, even the smallest amount would kill you within an hour. It was then called 'Cold Death' because the victim would die with the feeling that they were freezing to death. Looking over the page, Izaya simply skimmed it because it was regarding information he already knew of.

He looked at the next page, and with a simple glance, he could already tell that it was a threat.

This is something that I need to read more carefully. I know better than to take these people lightly once again.

And so, Izaya began reading, all the while paying careful attention to every word.

Dear Orihara Izaya,

I am to inform you that you are to meet me at the exact location written on the back of this letter. You must come alone with no tricks up your sleeve at exactly 10:00 tonight. You may be wondering as to why I have included a detailed paper about the drug called 'Cold Death'. I'm sure you already knew plenty about it, but it never hurts to make sure.

You may have the monster of Ikebukuro as your bodyguard, but don't you think it would be quite bad if that freak of nature were to get a full dose of Cold Death? Such a shame. Hey, did you know that I can actually fill up bullets with the drug, and snipe that beast down? He may be a monster, and he may be strong, but I doubt that even he is fast enough to stop a bullet.

I'll be seeing you, Mr. Informant.

Izaya dropped the paper in shock when his eyes trailed to the photos.

He reached out and picked them up, and nearly threw up at what he saw.

In every single photo, was a view of what you would see when looking down a sniper rifle.

And all of them were directly pointed to the center of Shizuo's head.

**********************************************

Shizuo was getting really worried about Izaya.

It's been about half an hour since he went to the bathroom. What the hell is going on?

"Izaya, are you okay in there?" Shizuo asked, while knocking on the bathroom door.

Only to receive no answer.

Shizuo knocked onto the door once again while repeating his question.

No answer.

The blonde was about to break the door down, but luckily the raven came out before he did so.

The informant just walked on by the blonde who was asking all kinds of questions, all of which were completely ignored by Izaya.

"Izaya! What the hell is going-" Shizuo had grabbed onto Izaya and was turning him around, still asking him questions, but stopped talking instantly when he noticed how dead the other's eyes looked. That, and the fact that his eyes were puffy and red, as though he was crying beforehand.

"....Izaya....what's wrong?" Shizuo asked, his voice softer than ever.

Izaya simply shook his head, reached up and pulled off Shizuo's hand, before he went to the bedroom, shutting and locking the door once more.

**********************************************

I do not own Durarara!! or any images used.