Confusion

[Shizuo's POV]

What the hell just happened?

My plan was to just bash the sign into the flea repeatedly, although I wasn't sure if I would actually kill him. Sure, I say how I am going to kill him all the time, but to actually do it is a whole different thing. I'm not a murderer. If I were to kill someone, even if it was the flea out of all people that I would be killing, then even I couldn't deny it any longer. If I did take someone else's life, then without a doubt, I would be exactly what the flea always called me.

A monster.

In saying that, I had no idea how i was supposed to react to the informant passing out in the middle of our fight.

What the fuck am I supposed to do now?

I dropped the street sign, and made my way over to the raven. Cautious and with a wary eye, waiting for him to spring up and say 'Ha, I got you Shizu-chan~. I can't believe you actually fell for that! You stupid protozoan.', or something similar to that. With those thoughts in mind, when I got close enough to the flea, and roughly nudged (more like kicked) the info broker's side with my shoe, it caused me to cringe slightly when I heard bones crack.

That doesn't sound good.

I expected that after the nudge in the side, he would finally wake the hell up already. Especially after his bones cracked.

But he didn't move a single inch.

Or make a single sound.

I couldn't stop the frown from forming on my face. All because this was not normal.

"Oi, flea! Wake the hell up!" I yelled while shaking his shoulder. Albeit, much more gently. But I got no response from the raven.

I crouched there in front of the flea for another good few minutes, not really sure what action I should take now.

Sigh. Fine.

I reached down and picked the flea up, careful to not break his bones even more. Usually, I wouldn't have minded. But flea or not, I couldn't beat someone who wasn't even awake to fight back.

From there, I made my way to Shinra's direction.

**********************************************
I do not own Durarara!! or any images used.