Silence

Izaya had run out of the building searching for Shizuo, but didn't have to even really look around before he saw the blonde just a few yards away from the entrance to the building, smoking a cigarette.

He didn't know when he had walked over to the blonde and hugged him from behind, even with just one hand, he just knew that he did it.

He finally had someone that hadn't given up on him yet, and he was scared of losing them.

If he hadn't already.

He didn't care how weak he looked right now, or how vulnerable he was. All that mattered to him in that moment was that he wasn't alone again.

And he wanted Shizuo to know that.

**********************************************

What the fuck?!?!

Why is he...What?!?!

Shizuo's mind was scrambled from this turn of events. Here he was, Shizuo Heiwajima with Izaya Orihara hugging him of all people.

He didn't know what had gotten into the raven, but he believed that the best course of action was to get them back into Izaya's apartment.

He began leading the raven back inside. Izaya had stopped gripping onto the blonde, but he stayed close and was very tense the whole way up, as if Shizuo was going to make a run for it or something.

Shizuo was worried, but it wasn't over how tense the informant was.

It was because he hasn't said a single word.

After Izaya's apology, he hadn't said a single word to the blonde. The whole way back up to the apartment was in complete silence. Shizuo had tried to get a look at Izaya's face to try and see what he was thinking, but the raven had his gaze stuck to the floor, with his hair covering his eyes and his hood up, which made it impossible for Shizuo to see much of anything.

This all has completely unnerved Shizuo. The blonde's hair was standing on end and he couldn't get it to go down.

This isn't right.

Something is seriously wrong!

...

...Is he acting like this because of what I said earlier...?

Shizuo couldn't help but feel as though Izaya was a time bomb that would go off any minute.

One wrong move,

and then boom.

The duo eventually made their way to the raven's apartment.

When they got in, Shizuo turned around to lock the door, but jumped when he turned back to see that the info broker was still standing right next to him, having not moved an inch. All with his face still pointed towards the floor.

They stood there, both quiet and still, before Shizuo, with uncertainty, gently grabbed Izaya's uninjured wrist, and brought him over to the couch.

Izaya didn't say a word through the exchange.

Shizuo wanted himself to get mad and demand answers, but he just couldn't bring himself to do it.

"Izaya..." The blonde let out softly, worried of how the raven will react to the noise.

There was no reaction.

At least, for a few seconds there weren't one.

Izaya suddenly stood up, walked a few steps so that he was in front of Shizuo, dropped to his knees with his head bowed down, touching the floor.

"I am so sorry, Heiwajima Shizuo."

**********************************************

I do not own Durarara!! or any images used.